• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis demo coming out on September 25!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

So, it would seem that the game that causes PC's to cower in fear and people to run around yelling "OMG NOT HIGHEST REZ OH NO OH NO OH NO" is getting a demo. Is your rig up to it? In a month, you'll find out. The date seems familiar, hmmmm...

News courtesy of inCrysis

inCrysis said:
Consisting of the entire first level in Crysis’ epic single player campaign, "Contact", gamers will get to finally experience first-hand the stunning visuals, revolutionary Nanosuit gameplay and open-ended level design that make Crysis one of the most anticipated shooters and PC games of all time. The demo is also poised to include a huge surprise from Crytek, but for now you’ll just have to wait and check out the latest Crysis Nanosuit trailer by following the link below.

Again:

Code:
[B]Minimum Requirements[/B]

[B]CPU:[/B] Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
[B]Graphics:[/B] Nvidia 6200 or ATI X1300 - Shader Model 2.0
[B]RAM:[/B] 768MB on Windows XP or 1GB on Windows Vista
[B]HDD:[/B] 6GB
[B]Internet:[/B] 256k+
[B]Optical Drive:[/B] DVD
[B]Software:[/B] DX9.0c with Windows XP

[B]Recommended Requirements[/B]

[B]CPU:[/B] Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
[B]Graphics:[/B] Nvidia 7600 or ATI X1600 Pro (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
[B]RAM:[/B] 1.5GB+
[B]Internet:[/B] 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

I'm gearing-up. Ordering another 2GB of ram and maybe a new DVD writer on Wednesday.

Again:

Code:

:eh?:This is a mid range spec by today's standards, doubt whether thier "recommended requirements" will be able to run at max on say a 22" widescreen @ 1680 x 1050.
You must remember this is put out by marketing to atract customers...:-/

Again:

Code:

I agree, after watching like 5-10 trailers for this game, I really don't think a x1600 is going to be a trooper for this game... However if it is anything like the Unreal 3 engine who knows... I didn't expect Bioshock to run so well on my system, figured there would be some slowdown.

the interview was saying that no rig will be able to run the game with all shinies as they made this "upgradable to future graphics advancments...or something along those lines in the maximum pc interview.

I read a review in MaxPC from the producer/creator of Crysis. he said that Crysis will be similar to Farcry in that the current HIGHEST performing hardware will be able to play it fine, but the max settings will still need future hardware.

He said an 8800GTS or 2900XT will only be able to handle 1280x1024, so that should give you somewhat of an idea of how things will go. (me thinks my 6600GT will only handle 320x240 :D; Guess I need to get that vid card upgrade ASAP since I have a Crysis preorder in!)

If my rig doesn't run it at 1920x1200 on high settings in the demo then I'll just cancel my preorder. e6600 oc to 3.6 and 8800gtx on a 24 ws.

I guess thats good.. I'm stuck with a 15 inch CRT @ 1280x1024. I'm not expecting my setup to max it out..maybe shadows medium and textures high and maxed mixture with 2x AA to smooth out jags and jiggys. I'm not buying crysis until my next upgrade after graduation this June that will be the time I will by crysis. Till now my mouse is pointing to UT 3 and MOH:A

Back