• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis demo coming out on September 25!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There were reports of the rigs used to run the playable demos of Crysis at the GDC (06 or 07) that utilized one 8800GTX and a C2D, at HD resolutions. The article is probably on gamespot. Those naysayers stating that DX10 is a performance hit - you're right, for games with tacked on DX10 support that is poorly integrated, such as woth Company of Heroes, but Crysis has been built from the beginning with DX10 in mind.

Also, Cryengine 2 is very efficient (check out the Level editor tech demo on gametrailers), so it would not be surprising if it ran pretty well on today's hardware. Crysis has been shown running on a single 8800GTX many times, and not once has it slowed down.

Lol, with those specs i wouldn't be able to install it, xD... anyways i'll test how scalabe it is. if it runs at 5-15FPS at extreme low settings in my geforce4, then it is scalable ^^.

Back