• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F6 RAID drivers disk frustration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

I finally received my new 320GB SATA drives so I hooked them up, set the bios to RAID, set raid 0 to 98GB, raid 1 to the rest...220 or somewhere around there, does it auto anyway. I made a RAID drivers disk for the F6 Raid page when installing windows and I cant get it to work for the life of me, VERY Frustrating!!!

I am using the ASUS CD that came with the motherboard, selecting Make Disk, selecting make Intel ICH9 32 bit RAID/AHCI driver disk and then is pops up a little window titled Intel ICH9 32 bit RAID/AHCI driver disk. I put a brand new floppy in the drive, and click on EXTRACT. Thats all there is, Extract or Cancel. It takes it like 10 min to make the disc, kinda strange to me but whatever. Says ASUS file image extractor in the window whise its working. When the disc is done I exit out, shut windows down, hook up my new drives in place of my old ones, set my bios back to RAID, start the PC with windows disc in the DVD drive, windows starts to load, I press F6 when it says, windows loads somemore and I come to the PRESS S screen. I press S, it says put floppy in drive A, and then I get this error EVERY DAMN TIME!!

TXTSETUP.OEM could not be found.

I have tried 5 different brand new floppies and I get the same error every time. I have tried running the 32bit prg manually and still the same thing. I dont understand what I am doing wrong. Cant read any of the floppies in windows to see whats on it so I have no clue.

Someone Please tell me what I am doing wrong or where I can get what I need to load these RAID drivers so windows will continue loading. I just dont understand why nothing works likes its supposed too when it comes to this stuff. The steps are cut and dry, amazes me to no end.

Nevermind, I ran the same floppy twice and it put the files on the second time. They should tell you that the first run is for formatting or whatever its doing....go figure....:bang head

Back