• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck reset button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would hope no one spilled soda on his console before selling it to him :D It happens though. From reading that tutorial, it doesn't sound like you really need to melt the pen. It sounds like you're just getting it hot enough to make it soft and mold around the screw. You really shouldn't be heating it up enough to drip and end up in the cracks around the screws.

never heated it that much, just so its kinda soft so it can be molded, but i gave it a little bit too much on the one screw so its the rests of the pen is sitting ontop of the screw inside the little hole so its hard to get out:bang head:bang head but just some more hours of scratching with a screwdriver and it should be ok again

but still im so stupid cuz i accedently melted it to much and now one of the screws is stcuk:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Oh, for Pete's sake, just go down to Wal-Mart and spend $10 on one of those chintzy little bit sets that have like 50 different types of screwdriver adapters. Those things are indispensible. I got a nice Craftsman one last year at Christmas and LOVE it. Mine is like a 100 piece set in a locking metal case, but you can still pick up chintzy ones for $10.

Oh, for Pete's sake, just go down to Wal-Mart and spend $10 on one of those chintzy little bit sets that have like 50 different types of screwdriver adapters. Those things are indispensible. I got a nice Craftsman one last year at Christmas and LOVE it. Mine is like a 100 piece set in a locking metal case, but you can still pick up chintzy ones for $10.

will have to do something like that, cuz the pen method aint working out for me, need some more training

the unit is fully functional, the reset button is just stuck a quite known problem as far as i know.

ive never done any modding, i would like to but i havent, and i wont do it anything but repairing my N64s cuz i want to keep them as original as possible and withouth any scratches or anything so id i ever deceide to sell one again i will get as much money as possible.

i.e. Ten dollars. :)

for $10 you can almost get another N64 :)

See that's your first problem: Get out of Denmark. (I hear something's rotten there anyway... but a Brit said that so WHO KNOWS?!?!) :)

dont worry im gonna move away as soon as im old enough.

yeah that 1 dollar idea sounds good

Back