• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

I dont know if this works with all gateways or not, but i recently recieved a gateway gt5432. Its a pretty nice machine its got a 5000+ am2, with now 2.3gb of ram, 320gb sata 2 7200rpm hdd, and im getting ready to grab a new gfx for it because right now im running an old 7300gs in it.

Anywho I figured out a way to overclock my gateway from stock speeds up to, well, whatever is stable for your machine.

All you simply do is once in bios, go to your desired screen and hit ctrl+f1 and it will bring up the fsb and ram. I have ddr 667 ram, and i changed it to ddr 800, currently priming it now and so far so good, the timings are kinda loose but uh, it seemed pretty quick on boot up.

I also had her stable at 2.8ghz for awhile, but do to heat backed down abit.

I don't think changing the RAM speed overclocks your CPU...

It had an fsb setting that I presume was used...

Interesting that they didn't lock the bios up like they usually do.

changing your ram speed simply tells the computer what speed ram you have and will run it at that.

if you can adjust the FSB try it, then go download CPUZ and see what your cpu speed is in windows.

but ido not know of a single gateway computer you can overclock.

you guys must of misunderstood me, there is an option to change fsb, default is 200x13 which is 2.6, i run at 215x13 which is 2.8, i cant quite get 220x13 stable, and i dont want to push her to much farther with 4 sticks of crappy ram, and stock hsf.

edit: the part where it says "it will bring up the FSB AND RAM" should of given away the hint that you can change the fsb zlol.

Last edited:
edit: the part where it says "it will bring up the FSB AND RAM" should of given away the hint that you can change the fsb zlol.

Considering there is no "FSB" on the AMD systems, that is prolly why people got confused. Some maunfacturers still use that terminology when talking about HTT Freequency. If you can increase the HTT Freq and adjust memory dividers you should have no problems reaching you max default voltage overclocking.

With no voltage options in the bios you would be forced to use hardware mods to boost the voltage and OC further.

Good luck!

(oh have you tried looking up the model number of your motherboard? since most OEMs use someone elses mobos, you might find out what kind it is under the branding, and from there find a soft clocker that will help you out and maybe control voltages from windows???? worth a shot :) )

i know its an ecs mobo but other then that i couldnt find out much. Its basically a gateway specific crappy mobo is what it appears to be from ecs. However i made a mistake saying FSB i ment to say Frequency lol. I set my frequency from 200 to 215 and changed it henced, overclocking it. I dont have a digital cam, but will show you a cpuz link of 215x13 real fast. One sec.

Last edited:
i think this is the first time since my old compaq with an amd 350mhz cpu that i have seen or heard of a pre-build system being overclocked. how old is the system? model number?

Hi,
I have the same system and Im trying to do the same thing with the same tower. I ordered 4 gigs of DDR 800 but what Im trying to figure out is what exactly did you do in bios step-by-step and did you upgrade your memory of did you stay with DDR 667 and change it in your bios settings to DDR 800? Any help is greatly appreciated, my thread is in the General hardware tab as well.

Thanx

hey bud, all you have to do is go to the setup where you would normally change your ram settings or your cpu settings and hit control + f1 at the same time. Hold down control and then hit f1. Then a new options will appear. I actually used ddr 667 ram that overclocked stable to ddr800 very well, i was really suprised because im using 2.3gbs of ram. I have 1 256 stick, 2 512sticks and 1 gig stick lol. But anywho, ive got it running at 800mhz and its all working out well so far. Just get into your bios, hit control and f1, then go to your specific part, if you dont see new options do it again, control + f1 = overclocking options. Its nice.

Also, what os are you using, some dont support 4gigs, and you will need a windows registry tweak, if so let me know and i will show ya how.

Back