• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first Vista activation issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibokun

Well, I just moved in at college Tuesday and I was trying to get myself set up on the school's network. I unplugged and reconnected the ethernet cable a few times when I was moving to my xbox...and the next thing I know, when I reconnect the cable, Vista tells me my hardware changed and that I need to reactivate windows. I'm PRETTY sure Windows might even conk out on me before I can read any replies to this...but how do I get help with this without paying SIXTY dollars for EMAIL support from MS? :mad:

Also, I tried to just reactivate, my activation code doesn't work. :| Nor does it work during phone activation, but I'll keep trying. Thanks.

wow....so I try the phone activation again and when I was transferred to a rep the call actually went through. The last 3 times I heard the *beep* of a representative picking up, but then silence.

It's things like this that make me want to buy a mac laptop..too bad they're so expensive. :/

Activation and DRM are what moved me to Linux. I feel your pain.

Back