• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick temperature question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
Im getting 31/32c load'd with folding SMP client, on water, does that seem right for stock clocks for a e6420?
Ambient is around 73f , or 22.78c .
Using intel TAT and coretemp version 0.95 to measure, should I maybe add +15c to the reported temps?

Core temp is using tjunc value 85c and reports it as a B2 revision "E6500 (Conroe)" :confused:

Thanks guys!

I believe I was getting 37c or so on my previous E6300 (one of the first ones out August of 2006, conroe stepping)

Im getting 31/32c load'd with folding SMP client, on water, does that seem right for stock clocks for a e6420?
Ambient is around 73f , or 22.78c .
Using intel TAT and coretemp version 0.95 to measure, should I maybe add +15c to the reported temps?

Core temp is using tjunc value 85c and reports it as a B2 revision "E6500 (Conroe)" :confused:

Thanks guys!

I believe I was getting 37c or so on my previous E6300 (one of the first ones out August of 2006, conroe stepping)

For stock clocks that's about right, pretty good temps! Now, overclock that thing and report your new temps!!!! :beer:

I think you should add 15c in TAT for those chips. I had one of the early E6300s myself and those chips were extremely good compared to later chips, i strongly doubt a B2 chip from a late batch with twice as much cache and higher stock clock can run colder, and certainly not 5-6c colder.

That could make some difference, maybe its right then. Those temps are very low, but then again i dont know how extreme your WC is :) And i dont remember anymore, maybe the 15c off reading were affecting only the E4000 series.

That could make some difference, maybe its right then. Those temps are very low, but then again i dont know how extreme your WC is :) And i dont remember anymore, maybe the 15c off reading were affecting only the E4000 series.

Oh and one more thing that might have helped a little bit, i was using 3/8" tubing previously, now im running 7/16" . Maybe all the little bits added up? My watercooling isn't extreme at all, a modest aquaxtreme 50z pump (dont know spelling for sure) , a swiftech 6002 waterblock (kinda old school), and a dtek procore (120mm heatercore) with one fan on a pull setup.

Back