• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista and Sygate firewall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I'm still trying to find a good 3p firewall for Vista, and was wondering if anyone has attempted using Sygate in XP combatability mode. It seems like it should work, but I just want to be sure (it didn't have native Vista support last time I checked). Or if anyone can suggest an alternative.

I'm still trying to find a good 3p firewall for Vista, and was wondering if anyone has attempted using Sygate in XP combatability mode. It seems like it should work, but I just want to be sure (it didn't have native Vista support last time I checked). Or if anyone can suggest an alternative.

Nope.

Vistas firewall is just as good as Sygate IIRC, although you do not get the benefit of traffic monitoring and iplookup....
Only reason I would install a software firewall over windows firewall is for those 2 things.

So far I have not been impressed with ZoneAlarm. I dont think it tells you IPs of connections you are making and it definitly doesnt do a lookup

Back