• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When for Penryn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea its aggravating, i want to build a new system, but want to hold off until penryn and nvidia 9 series :bang head

These $1000 + cpu price tags are getting a little out of hand. I hope the socket 775 chips are priced close to what that chart shows. A $250 quad core with 12mb of cache would be too sweet for words.

These $1000 + cpu price tags are getting a little out of hand. I hope the socket 775 chips are priced close to what that chart shows. A $250 quad core with 12mb of cache would be too sweet for words.

hell a $300 or $350 one would do it for me. I don't want to start a flame war (this is an genuine question so please no fan-boy comments) but how are the penryns suspposed to compare to the k10? And benchies out yet or is it just speculation at this point?

And how do they compare heat wise? Are the K10's going to run as cool as an Intel quad?

No one will know till we get some un-controlled independent bench's done with them.

I have read some news about the new K10 at 3ghz and 2 2900xt's in SLI (slightly overclocked) hitting 30k in 3dmark06...I believe I read it on the inquirer, whether this is true or not who knows?

That Inq review was done somewhere east of Fantasy Island as there is no way to get that score with those cards just being mildly OCed. Unless they were doing funny stuff to the numbers through optimization or monkeying with the resolutions.

Back