• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are G0 steppings capable of 500mhz FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Afaik no one has gotten a x3210 from NCIX that ended up being a G0. It looks cheap, but they charge like $20 for shipping. It's still a good deal after all those shipping charges, and still the best deal if you want the absolutely cheapest quad. You will more than likely get a B3, though, and they are not bad chips, but I think the G0 is worth the extra $20. A few people have gotten good results w/ the B3, but most are in the 3.0-3.1GHz range, and they run pretty hot as well.

I've also heard it takes like 2 weeks or more before you get anything from NCIX.

Edit: Godm@n, I have a thread about my OCing adventures w/ the G0 x3210 if you want to check it out.

subscribed to ur thread...

where'd you get your x3210? :)

The point to this madness is obtaining a G0, noone wants uncertainty.

Yep, if you don't get a G0lden one, you run the risk of getting a total pile of crap like this one.

wprime32.JPG

That's air btw.

Yep, if you don't get a G0lden one, you run the risk of getting a total pile of crap like this one.

wprime32.JPG

That's air btw.

Thats not the norm, although some recent B3's do seem to OC very much like G0's.... find someone with an old Q6600 B3 and see how they like their 3.7GHz OC. Let's not forget before the new step the average Q6600 OC was 3.0-3.2GHz, and it was basically the butt of the joke. Whenever people heard Q6600 they thought low clock but many cores.... that is no longer true.

You've got good intuition...that is an extremely new one, week 21, making it newer than plenty of G0's weirdly enough. Friend of mine picked it up about two weeks ago and doesn't have a rig at his place yet so let me have a whirl with it. I've only tried two quads ever...one was this one and the other a QX6850 G0...obviously the latter was superior but it'd better be. Another one of my good friends has a B3 QX6700 that's about 100-150Mhz better than this one, also a very new one, from '07 though not quite this new...also a QX so I realize its unfair to compare. Maybe one of these days I'll get my hands on a G0 Q66 or Xeon so I can find out what all the fuss is about first hand. :p

I think this B3 though is a pretty good indicator of what people can expect if they buy one around this time and get really unlucky and get "stuck" with one. P.S...one of the first boots was at 4 GHz even and it did pull it off, though obviously very unstable. Shoulda taken a screenshot but I wanted 4.1. Wait till it goes on water. :p

You've got good intuition...that is an extremely new one, week 21, making it newer than plenty of G0's weirdly enough. Friend of mine picked it up about two weeks ago and doesn't have a rig at his place yet so let me have a whirl with it. I've only tried two quads ever...one was this one and the other a QX6850 G0...obviously the latter was superior but it'd better be. Another one of my good friends has a B3 QX6700 that's about 100-150Mhz better than this one, also a very new one, from '07 though not quite this new...also a QX so I realize its unfair to compare. Maybe one of these days I'll get my hands on a G0 Q66 or Xeon so I can find out what all the fuss is about first hand. :p

I think this B3 though is a pretty good indicator of what people can expect if they buy one around this time and get really unlucky and get "stuck" with one. P.S...one of the first boots was at 4 GHz even and it did pull it off, though obviously very unstable. Shoulda taken a screenshot but I wanted 4.1. Wait till it goes on water. :p

yeah, from doing lots of reading and my own personal experience. It seems some of the new B3's are OCing as good or close to the G0's. But you are still more likely to hit gold with a G0 than with a B3. The B3 is hit or miss, it may be because there are still supplies of older B3's being sold, dunno but if I was buying a Quad now I would save myself possible trouble and go G0.

subscribed to ur thread...

where'd you get your x3210? :)

Guaranteed G0 x3210 for $270

Make sure to enter the FREEGROUND promocode to get free shipping.

I'm very happy w/ their customer service as well. They shipped it the same day, and now that they have these in CA, and TN you can get them on your doorstep relatively quickly even if you ship ground.

Here's my cyberdeals thread about them if you're interested.

yeah, from doing lots of reading and my own personal experience. It seems some of the new B3's are OCing as good or close to the G0's. But you are still more likely to hit gold with a G0 than with a B3. The B3 is hit or miss, it may be because there are still supplies of older B3's being sold, dunno but if I was buying a Quad now I would save myself possible trouble and go G0.

This makes me wonder if that late model B3 x3210 I sent back may have been a good chip. Pack date was 7/13/07 iirc. I never opened it.

Oh well...I've got my G0 now!!! :beer:

That's air btw.

i'll give you $150!!! :D

Guaranteed G0 x3210 for $270

Make sure to enter the FREEGROUND promocode to get free shipping.

I'm very happy w/ their customer service as well. They shipped it the same day, and now that they have these in CA, and TN you can get them on your doorstep relatively quickly even if you ship ground.

Here's my cyberdeals thread about them if you're interested.

But that's only $20 cheaper than a q6600 from say clubit...
I'd want to get the x3210 to save roughly $50... maybe I just won't spend as much on booze this weekend. :D

Yeah, the x3210 "should" be about $50 cheaper. Supply and demand just need to catch up. Demand for the x3210 ramped up later, and that's why the price is still artificially high. It will go down if you can wait, but it's still a good deal as it is.

Back