Poor Raid 0 performance under Vista

I'm running a abit Fatality F-I90HD, it has the sb600. I've installed windows vista home premium on it but hard drive performance is sucking badly HDTach result came out to be 14.5MB/s which is way below normal. I've updated the drivers from ati's website and updated the bios but it didn't help.

Super Moderator
    First Responders
    Have you got a link to the chipset drivers you downloaded from ATI's site? I assume you downloaded and installed 73sb_vista.zip from Abit here?...

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/moth...RODINFO=Driver

Actually I got the driver from the link below, I have the 64bit version of Vista. Do you think I should try the driver from abit instead?

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...d-vista64.html

Super Moderator
    First Responders
    You might want to try the chipset drivers ( South Bridge driver ) from Abit instead, after uninstalling the ATI driver package. Before you do that though, you may want to check in Device Manager under Disk drives--> ATI Stripe ( or whatever your particular stripe set may be called ) | Properties | "Policies" tab... to make sure the "Enable advanced performance" option is selected.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The problem was the driver, as soon as I installed the old driver the computer came to life. It's weird how new drivers don't work when a old one does.