• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Valve Orange Box available for preorder!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

That's right, Orange Box is almost here. If you already have HL2 and Episode 1, don't fret. You get coupons for them to give to friends, so they get it free! Plus:
Slashdot said:
What's more, ordering the games via Steam will give you access to an advance Beta test of Team Fortress 2.

"The Orange Box contains Half Life 2, Episodes 1 and 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2; you'll have to purchase the entire package to receive the Beta. Valve recommends giving the extra codes for Half Life 2 and Episode 1 (if you already own them) to someone who's been missing out. Not explained on the actual pre-purchase page is an added bonus for early adopters, Peggle Extreme; a special edition of Popcap's Peggle featuring new challenges and Orange Box related artwork." LINK

Awesome, right?

Hope it includes the black box players as well since I own all the rest of them.. Just gimmy EP2, P, and TF2.

Beta? Since when has valve done public beta's with games?

I'm waiting and I'll get the black box (via steam) and save the money as I already own HL2 +EP1. At this point I think I'm more interested in Portal than EP2..just because portal seems awesome.

Hope it includes the black box players as well since I own all the rest of them.. Just gimmy EP2, P, and TF2.

NM Let me answer myself.. Black Box guys are also included in the beta from those who got the ATI cards :)

$44 for 5 games..i bought it earlier today. portal looks like it will be awesome, cant wait for tf2 either. going to compare it with FF which released monday as well

To my understanding they arent doing the blackbox anymore.

I thought I remember them announcing it.

and looking at the pricing scheme to individually buy teamfortress2, episode2, and portal.

it still seems to be a good price. as they want to sell those seperate for 30,20, and 30 each. $44 for all 3 + 2 more(which u can sell those 2 more to your friends, i know it says "gift" but you can take money from your friends! yay!)

I personally think that the $44 is paying purey for the new 3 games, and they are including old 2 games for free.

Last edited:
They decided not to sell blackbox because the retailers didn't like the idea of selling both.
It doesn't effect those who already own an ATI blackbox.

Means I got them for free :p

Can't wait for episode two.

How do I buy TF2 and Portal without having to buy a bunch of games I don't want?

you dont, get over it, 44.95 is a good price,buy them al land dont install the others.

if you are really determined to not have duplicate games
You can buy them individually
However
Episode 2 is $30
portal is $20
Team Fortress 2 is $30
Total seperately bought = 80$

and if you want all 3(+2 old games) as a packaged deal its 45$

you guys can do the math

looks great even though its from 2004, looks better than most games today, with the addition of hl2 ep2 thats a whole new source engine with lots of goodies, including...Dynamic Lighting and Shadowing 2...Facial animation 2...probably hardware physcics "havok 5" through a video card. optimized for multi core processors. 2-4... also has Facial animation 3....Full-screen motion blur.....Deformable physics bodies...unlike the previous (current) source engine they are only rag doll physics "bone structure" the new one will include support for physics-based animation for simulation of things such as floppy clothing, flexible hair, and better blending of ragdoll physics with predefined animation. Previously, Source's physics system could not deform objects except between bone connections....

i also imagine they will have some slightly better cinemetic effects :)

No one mentioned this. I got this from tweakguides forum. Thanks Beach!

Oct. 10 Release day North America!
Oct. 12 Release Day Europe!

New Gameplay Video
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14541

System Requirements from Steam

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

looks great even though its from 2004, looks better than most games today, with the addition of hl2 ep2 thats a whole new source engine with lots of goodies, including...Dynamic Lighting and Shadowing 2...Facial animation 2...probably hardware physcics "havok 5" through a video card. optimized for multi core processors. 2-4... also has Facial animation 3....Full-screen motion blur.....Deformable physics bodies...unlike the previous (current) source engine they are only rag doll physics "bone structure" the new one will include support for physics-based animation for simulation of things such as floppy clothing, flexible hair, and better blending of ragdoll physics with predefined animation. Previously, Source's physics system could not deform objects except between bone connections....

i also imagine they will have some slightly better cinemetic effects :)

Sweet.

Back