• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

goal is 3.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far im at 3.4ghz

You need to run Orthos using small FFT to really stress your cpu and get your real maximum temperature. But it is looking good, your vcore is still within Intel's specs meaning you have not really pushed it at all just yet. Have you tried going to 3.6GHz with 1.4V?

470dualstable.jpg

My chip passes OCCT cpu, ram, cup+ram at 3.5ghz, but crashes orthos within 15 min. Small FFT is fine, tho, loves it. 3DMark06 score keeps going up.
To get it to pass OCCTs ram test I had to max the NB: 1.7, max PLL: 1.8, max FSB termination: 1.60. Proc is at 1.425v. i think these volts are way too high for this speed, but I've tried almost everything I can think of. I dropped the multi to 7 and the board ran a 470fsb orthos overnight with MINIMAL volts. Not sure what the deal is. I'm orthos stable at 3.4. :(

It froze like 5mins after taking this screen shot.
Im soo close!!

what is your MCH voltage set to right now? Try increasing that, usually when it is too low it will make your computer freeze and reboot when running Prime. If it is stable after increasing MCH then try and see if you can decrease vcore a bit again.

Back