• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA = WTB Quality Control + Tech Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
I'm not sure what has happened over at eVGA recentally but this is absolutly ridiclous.

I go to my local circuit city to replace my half dead X1800XL of years back with an 8600GTS (with the intent of using the step-up for the 9600GTS in november)

First card: Cooling Fan is dead, artifacts on post

Second Card: Freezes during gameplay, video freezing makes all games unplayable

(store is out of stock, proceeding to 2nd Circuit City)

Third Card: Stable at stock, RAM is capable of a measly 1023mhz, artifacts noticable after long gameplay

(new monitor arrives)

Fourth Card: Havent attempted to view clocks in addition use of DVI input results in "video not in synch" in BIOS while standard VGA is fine. DVI returns to normal once windows has loaded. Old X1800XL shows none of these issues.

(decide to call about video synch issues in bios)

First call: wait 10 mins, disconnected
Second Call: 2 mins and next in line, disconnected
Third Call: disconnected instantally after pressing "2" for tech support

This is insane, how many duds has eVGA shipped out to brick-and-motar stores? On top of that it appears their customer support has gone the way of Dell.

STAY AWAY!! You have been warned! :bang head:mad:

Wow, I have sent in my 8800gts 3 times now with no issues, they always get the card out the same day they receive it and I get it in perfectly working order :eh?:

Wait you've had to RMA it three times?
Power supply issue, power supply issue, motherboard issue ;)

The card work perfect every time, it was just a psu that kept killing it and a motherboard that screwed it up too :D

I NEED to note that every time, I was sent a brand new card ;)

Power supply issue, power supply issue, motherboard issue ;)

The card work perfect every time, it was just a psu that kept killing it and a motherboard that screwed it up too :D

I NEED to note that every time, I was sent a brand new card ;)

I understand that logic however Ive used other cards in it including an overclocked 7900GS and my old X1800XL also heavily overclocked, which on paper run hotter and pull more power and both function flawlessly. (Im using the x1800xl right now) Plus I gave 'em a shot on my sister's PC which is similar excluding the powersupply and motherboard and it does the same exact thing.

Did you send them an e-mail? Sometimes e-mail is a lot quicker. :)
Nah I just sent the card back, I had similar issues with their 8800GTSs awhile back when they were $250 and gave up with those. Ironically enough it also had a dead fan.

Ill just wait for the 8700GTS / 9700GTS and buy XFX since Ive always had very high quality cards from them and PNY.

Thats weird cuz I have always bought eVGA's, 6800gt, 6800gs, 2 different 8800gtx's, 2 different 8800gts 320's, and then there's the dozens I have put in peoples machines ranging from 6800-8800's and never had an issue. Every xfx card I bought was junk though.

I guess its luck of the draw.

Ill just wait for the 8700GTS / 9700GTS and buy XFX since Ive always had very high quality cards from them and PNY.
Take a look at my thread for XFX, you may get better service in the US, but in Europe XFXs RMA department just ignore you for weeks on end, refusing to speak to you over the phone and not responding to emails.

Sen, when was the last time you got something that actually just worked? :p

I was just browsin' around and came across this thread... I totally agree... Sen's got back luck when it comes to video cards. Perhaps it's the environment in his house.

Sen, try a different bedroom! :D

lol there's a ghost there thats mad he cant game anymore and hes wacking out his cards.
or maybe there's some kind of DRM in the afterlife the ghost is upset about :)

lol there's a ghost there thats mad he cant game anymore and hes wacking out his cards.
or maybe there's some kind of DRM in the afterlife the ghost is upset about :)

I wonder who the ghost is... how do we send him back to heaven/hell?

I rma'd a 6800GT once, it was past it's warranty by a few days and they still sent me a brand new card.

The customer service was excellent... o_O

<3 eVGA. I broke my 6800's molex connector off twice and both times they sent me a new card, even after I said that I broke them myself :)

Maybe if you get a 5th defective card you can ask for a 8800GT...

Also, to everyone else's responses, I didn't know they were that good! :eek:

I've got about 6 low-end cards(4 w/passive cooling) registered with them (mostly for others computers) and only one has had a problem. My 6600's fan got extremely noisy and died. I called them up and told the card was working OK (when on the desktop even without the fan, but would act up if doing anything else). They just sent me a new hsf assembly and didn't require me to send it back to them or anything.

eVGA is the only company I buy from for video cards (at least on the nvidia side of things) and I personally have never had a problem with their product

It leads me to wonder if the problem is with the place your buying it from. I don't know if CC has its own shipping department, but I wouldn't be surprised if the people in the dock area were tossin around the boxes like it was no big deal. I used to work at Younkers and I couldn't believe the number of broken items we would get..

CC ships stuff in big plastic totes (you cant toss these you roll them off onto the ground where they are unloaded), the box is not tossed around, it could fall off of a cart or something (3ft) but that would result in less stress then UPS puts on their boxs. UPS throws boxes and let them fall (the people are not supposed to but the people doing the unloading and loading could care less if its a computer part or not) and goes through this 10 times in a trip atleast. I use to work for CC and UPS I know how they both work. I would trust CC more then UPS getting a package to me safely, also you can look at the box and tell if it was dropped at all, bent corners on a box probably mean it fell. Switching out a video card at CC is also less of a hassle then RMA'ing one.

Back