• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build boots and sees all components but Vista can't see SATA HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewToThisOC

Registered
Everything seems to be working correctly but when I try to install Vista, it can't detect a HDD to install it on. In BIOS, the mobo sees it. I'm using 1 SATA 320GB HDD.

Everything seems to be working correctly but when I try to install Vista, it can't detect a HDD to install it on. In BIOS, the mobo sees it. I'm using 1 SATA 320GB HDD.

have you enabled the Sata port? also sometimes you have to use the raid config bit to select what HDs are being used for what./

So even if I only use 1 HDD, I still have to configure RAID?

not configure it, i had a mother board and before i could use any sata drive i had to select it in the raid config as a single drive, also when u loading vista are u giving it the drivers for the raid controller? it will need them to find it.

You will have 3 options in your bios for the sata port.

"Run as:
IDE
AHCI
RAID"

You will want the second, but may need to have a floppy or USB loaded with the raid drivers for install.

I believe Vista installer has the required drivers, but if not they'll come on your mobo CD or you can get them from Intel's site.

Back