• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest Antec 900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just make sure to look up reviews on it if you havent already.

It does have a few negatives to it that constantly come up with feedback.

I have read tons of reviews on this case. I love everything about it, the only thing I saw that was a negative was the placement of the PSU at the bottom, making some cables hard to reach all the way through. I can deal with that. I just love the 200mm fan and the way it looks, and for the price I think it beats out most others personally. It's an opinion thing though I know.

Either way unless anyone has a line on a cheaper buy I'm ordering it this Friday.

Thanks.

I have the 900 and I love it. The only negative I can think of is that it sucks in a lot of dust through the front fans. Get yourself a can of compressed air and spray off the front and the inside of the case every couple of weeks. No big deal. You won't regret getting this case.

I have read tons of reviews on this case. I love everything about it, the only thing I saw that was a negative was the placement of the PSU at the bottom, making some cables hard to reach all the way through. I can deal with that. I just love the 200mm fan and the way it looks, and for the price I think it beats out most others personally. It's an opinion thing though I know.

Either way unless anyone has a line on a cheaper buy I'm ordering it this Friday.

Thanks.
Are you talking about the antec 900? Because it does not have a 200mm fan..
Edit: whoa it does I did not know that.
Damn I just can't decide between antec 900 and the new CM case :(

Last edited:
Fry's has this case on sale every so often for $69.99 I believe it was. I was thinking about buying one last time it went on sale, but decided I didn't feel like rebuilding my PC any time soon. The last time it went on sale was about 3 months ago.

I <3 my 900. Only negative is the dust problem, I'll probably fabricate some mesh filters for the front and than it's done. All you need is an extension for your 4/8pin and everything should be good as far as cable length.

You have to choose between air flow and filters. Theres no way around that except more fans. The 900 has 3 120mm intakes and you can add filters any time.

You have to choose between air flow and filters. Theres no way around that except more fans. The 900 has 3 120mm intakes and you can add filters any time.

The CM 690 has up to 4 120mm (some even 140mm I believe) and a 80mm intake...so I don't see how the Antec 900 is exactly better (quantity of intake wise).

the antec 900 is one of the best air cooling cases, but it freaking sux to work with, not worth $100 IMHO, infact if the cm690 and the antec 900 were both $50 i would take the coolermaster.Its a sick case for $50 hell even $100 I checked it out at compusa and was impressed, I almost wish i needed a case.

The CM 690 has up to 4 120mm (some even 140mm I believe) and a 80mm intake...so I don't see how the Antec 900 is exactly better (quantity of intake wise).
I think it's more about the position of the fans than the number of fans
The CM 690 front intake fan is blocked by the hard drive cage. I'm not sure if you can install any fans in the upper drive bays. The 900 has 2 intake fans on the other hand..with speed controllers...

It's so hard to decide :( On one hand, the 900 has the good airflow, but it's smaller inside and has worse cable management. The CM 690 lets you put the PSU with the fan pointing down, has better cable management, is roomier, but lacks the airflow I think.

It does? I saw 3, 2 of which are right where a tower heatsink would go and 1 in front with only one 120mm exhaust. I guess if your heatsink doesn't interfere with the side fans on the CM then they're a little more equal but I personally like the 900 because of the 2 120mm's in the front and the top 200mm although the side fan on the 900 is not so useful due to it being too high and interfering with some tower coolers. I don't really need it though since the 120mm and 200mm exhausts create enough negative flow to suck air in through the side and back while the 2 front 120's blow over the motherboard\video card and guide the heat towards the exhausts. As far as wire management I'm not as in to it as some so I don't know enough to argue that point. The only bad thing about the bottom mount power supply for me was having to buy an 8 pin extension cable but it was 8 bucks so no big deal.
It was definitely nice not having to buy any fans.

I think it's more about the position of the fans than the number of fans
The CM 690 front intake fan is blocked by the hard drive cage. I'm not sure if you can install any fans in the upper drive bays. The 900 has 2 intake fans on the other hand..with speed controllers...

It's so hard to decide :( On one hand, the 900 has the good airflow, but it's smaller inside and has worse cable management. The CM 690 lets you put the PSU with the fan pointing down, has better cable management, is roomier, but lacks the airflow I think.

While it may be true that the front intake is blocked by the hard drive cage, the Antec 900 suffers a similar fate if you have hard drives in those cages which you probably do. There is also nothing stopping you from placing an additional 120mm fan on the bottom 3 5.25 drive slots on the CM 690. This fan would intake air without any obstacles (besides the front mesh).

No offense, but I think it is blasphemous to say the CM 690 does not have good airflow. Reviews have already shown otherwise and many of the design features in the case are well designed and geared towards airflow. You've got those two side fans capable of intaking cool air for the CPU and GPU, and the ingeniously placed bottom and top fans to kind of make a tunnel effect. Not only that, the CM 690 also has much better cable management features which improves airflow even further.

I honestly don't see the design of the CM 690 impeding airflow at all. My 2 cents here. :)

Back