• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with the Emerald Window Decorator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

I never bothered with the Beryl feature with Ubuntu because my old laptop could not support it but now that I triple booted Vista, XP and Ubuntu on my main rig I tried the Beryl effects..all amazing but I am having one problem setting the Emerald Themes, when I do emerald --replace in terminal, it overrides my current theme and adds the selected them from the Emerald Window Decorator, it works but it looks like it in the attachment .No top status bar or anything..I also get this error in console while selecting a theme "(emerald:8803): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_unref: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
Reloading... "

Any idea whats up?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 164
Missing borders are a really common problem... I have had it happen too. It has a million potential resolutions, I never got mine working after the update that removed my window borders though.

It's no biggie but it would be nice to have the boarders with the theme, if there is no fix (using the latest Ubuntu distro Feisty Fawn)...Guess I can live with out

Beryl settings manager - Visual Effects - Window Decoration, specify emerald in the command line textbox, then emerald themes works with KDE, dont know about Gnome though.

You need to reset (reselect) your window manager back to something that works.

I had this issue and was stumped until I went back to Metacity. Walla got the top back.

I went through the tut about installing the compiz, no errors or anything but one problem! There are no desktop effects or anything, I even removed Beryl and stopped it before installing the Compiz plug-ins. compiz --replace just flashes the screen and takes you to the setting manager. I am not having good luck :(

You need to have Emerald installed again. Select your windows manager. Disable the Emerald features. Then uninstall it again. When you uninstalled it. It took the top part with it. Since it was part of it.

You could reinstall your windows manager agian or recompile it back in.

Back