• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 2.8 es and IS7 ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Hello all from the dark side :D

I'm a amd fan but I have a kinda nice intel set-up I got for a server...

system specs

Abit IS7 with 24 bios
2.8 northwood with 512 es 10-14 muilts
2x512 bh-5 or 1x512 pc3200
6800Nu
sata 40gb
forton 500w something another all rails are good...
Stock HS for now waiting on xp-90c

I'm not to familiar with intel stuff...

cant change NB strap, does cpc need to be enabled, does about 58c full loaded @ 3.1ish, bios set-up's would be nice?

Anyone got any words of advice for setting and I have a really bad mouse issue. After primeing or folding for about 2-5 min's I lose the mouse? Also does that have to do with DC I didn't notice it with just one stick? I'm tring to get the best I can out of the set-up and 3.15ish is the limit of cpu untill better cooling comes.

Thank's
jonspd

Make sure the AGP/PCI is locked to 66/33 (think Abit option is "fix" to lock it). In the advanced chipset menu where you adjust RAM timings, I think you have like 5 game acceleration settings at the bottom. Set the last 2 to disable (I use auto, auto, auto, disable, disable). You are probably using an USB mouse? Try a P/S2 mouse or get an adapter.

PS2 not usb and I had the agp/pci Fixed I believe is what its set at. Thank's for the tip about the 5 settings but doesnt cpc make the system perform about 5% better?

Anyone else still remember anything about this type set-up?

Enabling the CPC (Command Per Clock) adds a little performance, but can also sometimes cause stability problems. I'd try it disabled at first.

if I disable it doesn't lose the mouse :D

that kinda sucks but should be able to change some more stuff now...

That is sort of weird, but glad we got one issue worked out. If this is a server, I'd lean towards stability over performance.

Is the NB strap option grayed out? If you have the "CPU operating speed" set to "user define" that should allow you to change the NB strap.

Last edited:
tring to make it one but I havn't figured out what os or direction to go with it.

Waiting out for x-mas.

Chances are it will go to Kacey my step-daughter which will beat here 2100xp set-up///

Has to be stable for the fold :D

At 3.2 with 1.57 steady under load I get 50-52 temp's load is that to much or what I'm at 1.625 in bios 1.6 idle...

Northwoods do ok with low to mid 50's temp (as long as voltage is not excessive). I would definitely try to stay below 60 degrees. I generally tell people to stay below 1.65v for long term usage.

Back