• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hunter1895

Registered
I am looking for a power supply. At least 350 watt, for a abit motherbaord and an xp1800 cpu . Anyone know were the cheapest can be found that will work without any issues. Llike low voltages and such.

The quality of PS's is more important than ever with Athlon's/XP's. This vital component has to be paid attention to. 350W Antec, Sparkle and Fortron-Source PS's cost about $60. Sometimes shipping is included. If you use the cheapest one you can find, it may cost you much more grief than the $20 you "saved."

would you use or recomend the enermax330watt? that is the PS that comes with the case im getting. do you think i should replace it for use with an abit and xp cpu?

If you don't have an Epox mobo, then the Enermax is great. Somehow Epox baords and Enermax PSUs don't mix well.

Weight can be a good factor in judging PS quality and sometime potential output.

The 350 Enermax is a great PS for anything this side of a redundant server...

Investing in a quality PSU is always a good idea. The Enermax 451-PVE@431watts will handle anything you now have, and should carry you well into the future.

Yeh, right after the 451-PVE you should consider the TVA or TMI.
The 451-PVE is King of the hill, without consideration for the redundant arena.

(Tennessee Valley Authority or Three Mile Island)

I just installed a EG365P-FC/VC which you could tell was twice as hefty as the anemic 300w PS it replaced.

Hunter,
Sometimes, it is the M/B itself that is at fault for the voltage problems. The PS can be the sole factor or a contributor to any voltage problems.

I had it first !:D Anyway thanks for the help? Maybe ill spring for that 451-PVE. Im already hooked on this computer building thing and ive not even built my first one yet. I hope it doesnt cut into my hunting time LOL.:D

I would say, if you have the cash, go for a pc power & cooling ps. They are probably better then enermax, although they cost a little fortune. If you were to judge by weight, my guess is these would win. If you look at mine, it's hard to tell if there's much more they could have put in there.

Etran

Back