• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking my G0 Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bl00dFox

Registered
Hi all

I just got my new G0 Q6600, Super Talent RAM (DDR2-800, 4-4-3-8, 2.2V) and P35-DS3. So far I can only get it stable at 334 x 9 at the default voltage (1.3125V). I can get it to boot at 350 x 9 (I even got it to boot at 400 x 8), but It is only prime stable for about 10 seconds. I am quite surprised, since I was expecting this setup to clock better... My FSB:RAM ratio is 1:1 and my RAM timings are 5-5-5-15.

I have tried bumping the FSB and MCH voltages to +0.2V each... but no luck :bang head I am running my RAM at its specified voltage, which is 2.2V (+0.4V). I bumped the CPU voltage to 1.35V but still no luck... Could I go higher with my Zalman CNPS8000 and AS5?

I dont think my RAM is at fault since it can run happily at 334 x 9, 1:1 and 3-3-3-5 timings...

I am completely stumped and would appreciate any help... Thanks

check what the real vcore is within cpuz (make sure to use cpuz version 1.41), those gigabyte boards have tremendous vdroop so you may have to compensate for that. With my old GA-P35-DS3R I had to run it at almost 1.5V just to get 1.42V real vcore @ 3.6GHz

Also just out of curiosity (not meaning this is the problem) but report your temps using coretemp as well.

Yes, I also noticed the the vdroop is tremendous... Ill try a different voltage when I get home today... Maybe something like 1.4V

My temps are fine - After 4 hours of prime, my max temp is 61*.

Also, something that I should mention.. In the PC HEALTH section of my BIOS, when I overvolt my RAM, (to get it at the specified voltage, which is 2.2V), it says DDR218V FAIL (or something like that) ... Maybe its an incorrect reading? I dont think it has anything to do with my overclock...

..Right?

I tried 400 x 8 at 1.35V... still no luck. Prime crashed 5 seconds after start. RAM timings 5-5-5-15 and running 1:1.. .Any ideas?

Back