• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10 records fall @ IDF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Intel invited Charles Wirth (FUGGER) from XS to put on an overclocking show @ IDF this year, with a 3-stage cascade he smashed 10 standing WR's! Penryn is no joke, this is only the tip of the iceburg.

Anandtech
PC Perspective
BitTech
PCG Hardware

cooling.jpg

worldrecords.jpg

spiwrqs5.jpg

The gate for OC-ing community is now opened !

Great news and imo this should be a great chapter in OC history. :thup:

Thanks Maxi ! :D

Yeah, the king, but this time we OC-er are acknowledged in the podium through the "formal way", I believe by this Otellini's moves, it has sparked the new era in OC-ing world.

Imo, I wouldn't care for Intel, but today is a great day for OC-ing world.

Edit :

Small example, I can imagine by this Otellini's show, these could be translated to major changes at few non OC product vendor's business plan in the long term, and major revisions as well for current OC product vendors. :D

Last edited:
2008 is shaping up to be another good year already, nice screenshots.

That's marketing...

I wonder if some other company is paying attention...

8.5sec @ 5340 :drool:

Man things are getting fast, faster these days!! the next 12 months are going to be one hell of a ride.

ya thats insane maybe ill have to sell my e6600 and grab a new mobo and a pyneryn.... maybe.. i <3 my e6600... but thats just insane.

That's what people have been saying forever but I don't think we'll ever care. At this rate we'll be running it even when its in the tenths of seconds. :p

Intel is really gonna take another HUGE leap ahead soon with Nehalem.And penryn quads will be dirt cheap and oc like mofo's.AMD is looking worse for wear more and
more by the day.

Nvidia seems to be Intels next target,not AMD...

Back