• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lookin for a smartphone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ookabooka

Ok, I have had my razr v3 for a while now and I just want a smartphone. Sometimes I need to access the net and lugging around and busting out a laptop is not practical. I really would like to get the OpenMoko because I could easily tinker with it and it has oodles of features, but they won't release the mass market version till around Christmas. . .

BTW, I am currently using cellular one GSM. I'd vastly prefer not being locked into a vendor.

edit: really it just needs to have a decent screen and wifi/bluetooth.

Have used a couple different different modles of the Orange SPV range, the latest one, I found really smart was the E650, I think their all made by the same company and rebadged by orange (I think you can get a qtek model).
It has a full querty keyboard and also wifi which can be used for internet access along with the usual - mp3/gprs/camera/ etc

I've tried several different smatphones/pocket PCs, blackjack, treos...etc and my fave and current do it all device is the Cingular/AT&T 8525. Great little phone, PDA, MP3, video player...etc. Have a peek.

Soy Ericsson P1i :)

Look here

Having used a SPV windows mobile for the past 18 months, all I can say is what a revelation the P1i is.

The SPV used to crash regularly, bot sync properly ( if at all ) and god help you iif the battery went flat because it's bye bye data time. Oh, and it used to do a complete reset about once a month to.

Having used the P1i for about a month now, I can report no crashes, syncs perfectly and generally is a lovely smartphone. Has everything you could think of in the connectivity line to.

Last edited:
Back