• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd or intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlazinSkyline

Registered
I'm about to buy a laptop for my sister and i can't decide which processor to get.. Should i get a Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor or a AMD Turion™ 64 X2?

Get the AMD. It helps drive prices down on my Intel's LOL. J/K

I'd say the Core 2 Duo would be the best power for the heat. AMD would cost less though.

Last edited:
I know The core 2 duo is the best right now but between the intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor and a AMD Turion™ 64 X2 which one would offer better performance?

I've got a c2d E6420 and a LT with a Turion X2 and I tell you what I wish I would have gotten a LT with a c2d. I always loved AMD, but these Intels are kicking butt.

Unless it's a Core processor, the AMD hands-down. The Turion line of mobile processors are good little beasts that run exceptionally cool for a mobile platform.

Pentium Dualcore is a crippled version of the original Core Duo.
You haven't mentioned which Turion anyhow, there are crippled versions of those too.

Most likely it's a pretty even match, you should decide based on other features.

and if not the c2d then a penitum M the then the turion.

Turion processors beat Pentium M's in almost every benchmark. I could see the recommendation for a C2D (not Core-Duo), but Pentium M?

Fact of the matter is, it hardly matters. Unless you're gaming on your laptop (which I never understood, but that's just me) the processor isn't all that important. Make sure it has all the other features you want, as long as the CPU is at least 1.8GHz or so you're fine with either Intel or AMD.

I thought the original Pentium dual core was a Core Duo? Like Mr.Guvernment said... can we get a model number of this CPU please?

Turion processors beat Pentium M's in almost every benchmark. I could see the recommendation for a C2D (not Core-Duo), but Pentium M?

Fact of the matter is, it hardly matters. Unless you're gaming on your laptop (which I never understood, but that's just me) the processor isn't all that important. Make sure it has all the other features you want, as long as the CPU is at least 1.8GHz or so you're fine with either Intel or AMD.

is Turion the dual core or the single core one? wasnt their a single core one?

i recall the Pentium M and original core's beating out AMD64 mobile vs the desktop ones...

Back