• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 + P35-DQ6 Help (Newb)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Memory says 1.8v, but some guy posted a review saying he had to pump it up to 1.9 to get it to have the correct timings.

My buddy said I might have to up the voltage on the MCH and FSB a little bit. Intel says 1.5 is the max for Q6600.. so, if I can avoid going any higher, that would be great. So I will try the MCH and FSB first, if that doesnt work, I will try upping the vcore.

Also, the fans I was talking about earlier are SilverStone

Tried the MCH and FSB, upped the voltage up to .1 (few tries) and did nothing for me. So now I am upping the vcore

As I up the voltage, it seems like it is taking longer to error out. I figure soon I will find the right voltage. Even tho every time I step it up, it gets a bit hotter. I was at 65C for max temp during this stress test.

there is nothing wrong going over 1.5V as long as your temps are under control. That said you will not need that much voltage to keep it stable at 3.6GHz anyway. Remember the voltage that really matters is what is being read in cpuz which is real voltage (with some error). Ideally you would measure it with a DVM right on the board.

I think I will have to order my fans asap.. temps are getting up to 67C during load

I think I will have to order my fans asap.. temps are getting up to 67C during load

what voltage are you running now? BIOS and cpuz reading?

Remember that nothing you run in real life will ever reach those temps in fact you can try running what ever software you use and you will see it won't even come close. So yes better fans will help but it is not such a big deal to run it like that as it is until your new fans come in.

BIOS voltage was 1.478 I think and CPUz says 1.44

But it just passed 3 tests in a row and before it wouldnt get passed 1. So I am hopeful. I am going to run a longer test tomorrow.. or maybe I should run a full test of everything before I goto sleep?

I want to thank you for all your help! Thank you!

Back