• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retarded price on sata cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I went to put two more drives in my machine to have 4 disk raid 0, and I discovered that I didn't have two more sata cables. So, I looked the cables up on bestbuy.com to see if I might want to go get a couple. They want $20 apiece!!

All I can do is quote Mr. Mackey-"Drugs are bad, mmmkay!"

I'll either get them from a small computer shop tomorrow or wait for newegg to get them to me.

No doubt-I'll wait for newegg to get them to me before I pay that. I didn't delete the data on the two existing drives before I started to add the new ones. That means I can just run off the first ones until I get cables.

This is why when I buy cables, I buy a lot.

I'm sure someone here will send you some, i would do it for free if I could.

Thanks guys-I looked in the phone book and called a computer store that doesn't do drugs. They sold me a couple of them for a little over $13 with tax. I'm sure they still made a healthy profit, but at least I wasn't getting COMPLETELY raped.

Back