• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automated program to stop and start a program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

For some reason my internet at my house is unbearable slow whenever using a client to download something. I want to be able to set a program to open and close bitlord everyday at 2:00 Am to 9 A.M. is there anything anyone knows of?

You might be able to set it up through Scheduled Tasks (depends on how the program executes itself). Just create a task with the time you want it to start. When finished, right-click on the task, click Properties -> Setting. Click the box for 'Stop the task if it runs for.....' and put in however long you want it to run.

Or, you could download another client that has scheduling tasks already built in (ie. uTorrent).

This is very easy in linux. You use the cron, and add an entry for the start and stop times.

I've heard Windows has a similar function, but I don't know the name. There are probably implementations of the cron for windows, you could look into that.

Back