• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 200 dollar laptop :O!!-Asus EEE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmm im guessing i would use it for... a Bathroom Internet Machine :D

LOL :soda: found a review of it...
http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Hands_on_with_the_ASUS_Eee/

it uses a 900MHz Intel Dothan based Pentium M CPU, it has 512MB of DDR2 memory, full 802.11g wireless capability, and a flash-based hard drive. There will be at least two different models of the Eee PC, with the $199 version using a 4GB flash hard drive and the $299 version using a 8GB drive.

hmmm im guessing i would use it for... a Bathroom Internet Machine :D

I just carry my Dell Vostro into the bathroom, but before I bought my Vostro, I thought about how cool it would be to have a desktop on there.

Toilet gaming is probably the most comfortable seat you can ask for. I'd probably end up being asked to come into competition, but I don't think they'd provide a toilet for me there. :)

I think you've just been sig quoted :D

lol... i can't say that i haven't tried it...

i can see one of those "Never have I ever..." and I end up raising my hand to "Never have I ever played a video game while ______..."

:D

it uses a 900MHz Intel Dothan based Pentium M CPU, it has 512MB of DDR2 memory, full 802.11g wireless capability, and a flash-based hard drive. There will be at least two different models of the Eee PC, with the $199 version using a 4GB flash hard drive and the $299 version using a 8GB drive.

Last I heard, the specs had changed a bit, and the price had changed a lot. Supposedly the two models listed there have gone up to $299 and $399, respectively, and the $199 model is now a further stripped machine with 256mb ram, 2gb HD, no camera or wireless, and a weak 2-cell battery.

Now... that info is from the Inquirer, so it may or may not be completely made up, but if it's true, Asus missed the boat and the machine is very much not worth it anymore. Though... I kinda suspected that would happen.

thats really cool! if the screen was bigger, that would be the perfect barebone subnote. then again, for $200, its perfect anyway heh.

i could see buying one of those as a backup pc in case my real ones die. but its neat to see this market open up. if this does well,it means cheaper more feature rich notebooks for everyone, and notebooks already sell more than desktops in the mainstream.
I still cant wait for OLED to hit the mobile computing market. a tablet with a 8" screen and the new pentium 100 series *which this is based on* thats less than 1/2" thick, yes plz.

Last I heard, the specs had changed a bit, and the price had changed a lot. Supposedly the two models listed there have gone up to $299 and $399, respectively, and the $199 model is now a further stripped machine with 256mb ram, 2gb HD, no camera or wireless, and a weak 2-cell battery.

Now... that info is from the Inquirer, so it may or may not be completely made up, but if it's true, Asus missed the boat and the machine is very much not worth it anymore. Though... I kinda suspected that would happen.

agreed, hopefully it hasnt changed much.

thats really cool! if the screen was bigger, that would be the perfect barebone subnote. then again, for $200, its perfect anyway heh.

i could see buying one of those as a backup pc in case my real ones die. but its neat to see this market open up. if this does well,it means cheaper more feature rich notebooks for everyone, and notebooks already sell more than desktops in the mainstream.
I still cant wait for OLED to hit the mobile computing market. a tablet with a 8" screen and the new pentium 100 series *which this is based on* thats less than 1/2" thick, yes plz.

haha ya, portable multi-tasker for only 200 :beer: this kind of laptop is quite useful though, such as when you are repairing some one elses rig, you have internet for drivers etc, or just for surfing. if we can upgrade its parts that would be great...add a touch screen film to it so that it has touch screen abilities :D
and fyi i think it might have bluetooth, look at the keyboard screenshots, it has a bluetooth enable shortkey, which in the review they have never stated.
more info here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC
not sure if its 100% correct though...

Last edited:
Back