• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista - Game wont find CD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deRusett

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

I am able to install the game Sacred, but after installing it, the game will not find the CD in the Drive. I tried deamon tools to mount an ISO of the CD, did not work, tried all the available patches, again did not work.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

ive had a few problem's in vista like that my self, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

The CD drive found the installation CD's and DVD's

I really want to get this game to work, or I'll have to move to XP again

I've had this problem with XP as well, but only with certain games. No possibility its your drive?

Computer is Brand new this is the only game I'm having issues with.

DID do a kinda fix only to have a new problem

Found the version 1.5 patch, and installed it then installed a NO CD fix for the 1.5 version, game loads now, but as it starts it goes black but I can still hear the sounds really ticking me off, when I get back from Greece at the end of October I am going to have to find the drivers for XP for this Lappy and Convert to XP

Try running the game in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Same problem. upon hunting for a solution I found many people having problems with this game and Vista, the maker does not support vista for this game.

They are coming out with a Sacred 2, which will support Vista.

Same problem. upon hunting for a solution I found many people having problems with this game and Vista, the maker does not support vista for this game.

They are coming out with a Sacred 2, which will support Vista.

Ah true, not so great. :(

whats worked for me, is when you right click on the exe for the game, goto properties then compatibility, and run the game in windows xp sp2 mode.
This has worked for every game i had an issue that wouldnt detect the cd.

altho i just read Goateh suggested the same thing, SOooo-
GL guys =D

Back