• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

added another 8800gtx, score only went up 2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my suggestion is to set your PCIE speed to 110mhz... also the rendering mode selected when using sli makes a differnce for when you gaming. in css i saw better FPS with split frame rendering then Alternate frame rendering. play with that a bit in EQ2...

Guys, he said his quad is at stock. That is the main problem.

OP, you will have to overclock that processor a bit over stock to get a much better score.

So you're saying my Q6600 is the limiting factor? It just has a stock cooler, I'm going water in December-ish so wont OC till then. So w/ a stock q6600 this is a normal score?

The score was run w/ only 2 gigs, I just added the other 2 this afternoon, was hopin someone would be able to tell me while it's not seein 3.2-3.3?

32-bit OS, and I'll be glad to see how well that quad will do on water.

You can easily get your Q6600 to 2.9ghz or 3ghz w/ the stock cooler for normaly gaming. I was running 3ghz on my Q6600 B3 and the temps were fine before I got a nice heatsink.

Hindsite being 20/20, you probably should have done a lot more reading about Overclocking and getting higher benchmark scores before dishing out the cash for a 2nd card. exp: I overclocked my Q6600 to it's limits (I even lapped my heatsink and Q6600), overclocked my x1950pro to it's limits, squeezed out all I can out of my ram, raided my harddrives, and maximized the airflow in my case... only after I did all that did I buy a 2nd card.

If I were you, I would download and install the 120 day trial for XP64 and run some benchmarks w/ that OS. Benchmarks on a clean OS install will normally be much higher, plus XP64 is about as stable as they come.

i tried to find xp64 but seem ms doesnt allow it any more... either that or i just didnt find the right page on their site.

Back