• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

added another 8800gtx, score only went up 2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PearlJammzz

Hey guys, with my Q6600 and single 8800GTX I was anywhere from 10-11k. Now I added another GTX into the mix and am seeing upper 13k. What gives? Is my CPU limiting the advantages of my SLi'd setup?

This is in 3dmark06 BTW

Hey guys, with my Q6600 and single 8800GTX I was anywhere from 10-11k. Now I added another GTX into the mix and am seeing upper 13k. What gives? Is my CPU limiting the advantages of my SLi'd setup?

This is in 3dmark06 BTW

No way to tell without more info.

Make a sig... tell us what's in the rest of your rig. At LEAST tell us what you have the Q6600 clocked at...

Also, what clocks are you running the cards at? I hit a little over 14500 with a single card @641/1050 and my quad running @3800, I would think with dual cards and a quad you should be up near the 16000~17000 mark. :shrug:

For a frame of reference, my E6600 at 3.6ghz + an 8800gts 320 scores the same as your Q6600 + GTX.

Unless you are running at stock settings on the CPU something is amiss.

I would definately say that something is wrong. With a Q6600 at 3.25Ghz and to 8800GTS 640M cards I'm getting 15135 on 3D06. Cards are set to 584/920. Since you are getting an increase, I would say that SLI is working. Have you checked your link speed? Are you 16x & 16x, or 8x & 8x, or slower?

Ok, here are my stats:

2x 1gb ballistix 6400 at 800mhz
Q6600 at 2.4
2x 8800GTX at 621/1000 (stock speeds, from EVGA)
Mobo = EVGA A1 680i

Now I just added 2 more gigs of ram, so I have 4. And windows is only showing 2.3gigs, wtf?! It should show 3.2-3.3 yes? I am running winxp 32bit..

Ok, here are my stats:

2x 1gb ballistix 6400 at 800mhz
Q6600 at 2.4
2x 8800GTX at 621/1000 (stock speeds, from EVGA)
Mobo = EVGA A1 680i

Now I just added 2 more gigs of ram, so I have 4. And windows is only showing 2.3gigs, wtf?! It should show 3.2-3.3 yes? I am running winxp 32bit..

I'd pull the extra 2 gig of ram and overclock the remaining ram along with your CPU.

Your scores will go up dramatically if you can hit 3.4ghz+ with that Q6600. Not to mentioning your actual game play should benefit as well.

So you're saying my Q6600 is the limiting factor? It just has a stock cooler, I'm going water in December-ish so wont OC till then. So w/ a stock q6600 this is a normal score?

The score was run w/ only 2 gigs, I just added the other 2 this afternoon, was hopin someone would be able to tell me while it's not seein 3.2-3.3?

Are you running High Performance driver settings, like this?

Attachments

• perfset.JPG
    perfset.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 321
cpu-z shows 4 gigs, windows and everest shows 2.3.

As far as the high performance/quality I am not sure. I don't have a menu like you do, where is this setting in the nvidia control panel?

Was set to quality..

Any reason why my games (noteably EQ2) run slower now? Really disappointed thus far w/ adding the extra vid card, lol.

Not sure, what exactly do you mean by slower? FPS?

For benching most guys (everyone in here ;)) set the drivers to 'Performance', when gaming you usually turn everything up for better IQ. If you want us to help you figure this out you need to post ORB links and other info, we can help if you want to figure this out. Also SLI does not double performance, if you we're expecting that you should have read a little more before grabbing another card.

I knowi t doesn't double, I wish it did, lol. What I mean is it runs slower w 2 cards, than it does with 1, kind of weird and I am not sure what's up....I switched ram out at the same time too, so it could be that.

I was just expecting ~15k w/ 2 cards, and only goin up 2k had me thinkin a bit...

Not sure, what exactly do you mean by slower? FPS?

For benching most guys (everyone in here ;)) set the drivers to 'Performance', when gaming you usually turn everything up for better IQ. If you want us to help you figure this out you need to post ORB links and other info, we can help if you want to figure this out. Also SLI does not double performance, if you we're expecting that you should have read a little more before grabbing another card.

Say WHA!?!?!

So that's the secret to overclocking....

Back