• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rants, raves, experiences w/ these psu's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antman318

Registered
I'm looking for a 400W psu and want some opinions on these before I decide which to buy (my 250 is still chugging along, but I don't know for how much longer).

Looking at psu's by: Antec, HEC, and Enermax. Rants, raves, experiences, lemme know...

I have a 431W Enermax and have had no problems so far (running 24/7 for 2 weeks now and Folding). My voltages are all great and within specs eventhough I have lotsa fans and drives attached. However, these PSUs are known to have problems with Epox mobos, which you don't have.

I use the Antec 400W unit. It delivers an honest 400W and has run reliably since the day I bought it. I'd recommend it any day. Typically goes for around $77 shipped. You get what you pay for.

73, Hoot

I would personally recommend the Enermax 431w. Plenty of juice for now and the future. I currently own two.

My Enermax has been great since I stuck it inside my system & has not cause any problems. There have been a few people who have reported problems with the 5V rail, none for me, & some say that it has been fixed but an e-mail from Ivy Shen(Enermax) says that there really has not been any effort on their part to remedy this problem. If there is a complaint on instability with their product the advice was to have it fixed by the people who sold it to you. Also the manufacturing tolerance for the voltages is ±.25V so if it reads 4.75V it will pass their quality control.

I use the Antec 403 and am very happy with it. BTW the 5v/12v rail is adjustable under the cover. No mods to do it unlike the enermax.

i went away from the norm a little bit and have an HEC 350. it's been fine since i first fired it up, and the numbers seem very stable. if i were to do it again, i think i may have gone with a slightly higher-rated enermax (may do it yet, anyway) due to their outstanding reputation, and from what i read around here

Back