• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best asus Micro ATX (That supports C2D E6750 ) for HTPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

Looking for Best asus Micro ATX (That supports C2D E6750 ) for a HTPC. Any suggestions?

I see allot of the boards say they support C2D but only list FSB: 1066 not FSB: 1333

I was checking out the ASUS P5B-VM on the egg but one review says :

"Cons: Does not work with all Core 2 Duo's! I ordered an E6750, which later turns out that ASUS does not support this chip. The board only works with the even number processors (i.e. E6500, E6600, E6700)"

I was checking out the ASUS P5B-VM on the egg but one review says :

"Cons: Does not work with all Core 2 Duo's! I ordered an E6750, which later turns out that ASUS does not support this chip. The board only works with the even number processors (i.e. E6500, E6600, E6700)"

that board needs a bios update... the boards i pointed you to are not the same model number. P5B referes to p965 and P5k = g33, both boards support 1333fsb but the P5B like stated needs a bios update.

that board needs a bios update... the boards i pointed you to are not the same model number. P5B referes to p965 and P5k = g33, both boards support 1333fsb but the P5B like stated needs a bios update.

Thanks for the info Evilsizer.. any suggestions on what board and why?

well the G33 asus and gigabyte boards have some good ocing options for matx. you cant go wrong with either just look at the features you need and buy one :)

well the G33 asus and gigabyte boards have some good ocing options for matx. you cant go wrong with either just look at the features you need and buy one :)

Haha.. Can you tell I have trouble making decisions?? Ok, thanks for the help bud :beer:

Just ordered the ASUS P5K-VM now to decide if the EVGA 8600GT is the card for me.. :bang head

no its not, not much longer, around november. the 8800gt will be out and in the same price point as the current 8600gt but will offer 8800gts performance. the 8800gts is said to get a stream processor upgrade,as in going from the current 96 to 112. as the 8800gt is said to have 89 i thought could be wrong.

ok so somehow i posted to the wrong thread...

no its not, not much longer, around november. the 8800gt will be out and in the same price point as the current 8600gt but will offer 8800gts performance. the 8800gts is said to get a stream processor upgrade,as in going from the current 96 to 112. as the 8800gt is said to have 89 i thought could be wrong.

ok so somehow i posted to the wrong thread...

Do you have any links to the price info for the 8800GT's? The 8600GT can be had for right around $100. If it is worth the wait I suppose I could use the VGA to DVI adapter to connect the onboard video to my new 1080pLCd.

Do you have any links to the price info for the 8800GT's? The 8600GT can be had for right around $100. If it is worth the wait I suppose I could use the VGA to DVI adapter to connect the onboard video to my new 1080pLCd.

no actual links just rumors est price is around 160-190 is what they are saying. thats for the 256mb card the 512mb is around 200-250.

Back