• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$257 shipped sapphire 2900pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thx... i was curious... wait, rattle, you're getting rid of your 8800gts 320 or just doing a comparison to see which route you wanna go...

just playing with hardware really, I dont game that much for it to matter anymore. Gave someone here a great deal on the 320 gts since I got such a great deal on it. Wanted to test and play with the 2900's a little is all.

They will sell a ton of these cards, better grab a pair Rat :D
If they hit that price at the egg I just might. Then I can get them with my account and not have to pay for 6 months........

In a way I hopt they don't get that low so I have an excuse not to buy them. :D

I'm increasingly convinced that people buy ps's that are way too big.

My main computer has 3 hard drives, a dvd drive, 8 fans, a geforce 6800GT, a sound blaster live, a zip drive, a floppy, and a few other random things like card readers etc. When I tested its power usage with a meter it was only like 150W. I have a 530W fortron in there. That's probably some serious overkill.

I'm increasingly convinced that people buy ps's that are way too big.

My main computer has 3 hard drives, a dvd drive, 8 fans, a geforce 6800GT, a sound blaster live, a zip drive, a floppy, and a few other random things like card readers etc. When I tested its power usage with a meter it was only like 150W. I have a 530W fortron in there. That's probably some serious overkill.

It's true. I have my Celeron-L rig with a 6800GT, a light, printer, (monitor is off right now) and the meter is reading 114w. Then factor in efficiency rating of like 80% and thats < 100w for all those things in my room.

My main AMD rig does just under 200w.

PSU recommendations come straight from the likes of nvidia and ati themselves.

***My wife just called me and said eWiz left a message at home saying the video card is out of stock. And I see the price on the site has gone up to $277.07.

Although my eWiz account info still says
2007-10-06 Online order received
2007-10-06 Inventory Processing
2007-10-08 Order Processing

**Just got off the phone with them. This card is out of stock with no ETA of anymore! BAH!!!

Last edited:
PSU recommendations come straight from the likes of nvidia and ati themselves.

***My wife just called me and said eWiz left a message at home saying the video card is out of stock. And I see the price on the site has gone up to $277.07.

Although my eWiz account info still says

**Just got off the phone with them. This card is out of stock with no ETA of anymore! BAH!!!

SAME THING HERE AND I ORDERED ON SATURDAY AM:mad:

that sucks, i didnt realize ewiz was shadey like that, I have ordered from them alot without incident.

Back