• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are people getting 10k in 3dmark06 with 7900GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

Just curious if I have some settings wrong on my comp, I'm only getting 6088 currently. Some scores are at 8k and they have lower specs or equal specs to my computer.

Ooh ok, didn't see that thanks!

The card is a SS series that I just got, so its stock oc'd to 600/800 vs regular 500/1400 (I think). Don't really feel the need to overclock it anymore, but was just trying to see if I had something wrong with my computer.

It seems like I'm right about where I should be :)

Not really, it's a [email protected].

Seems like I can get another 700 or so points if I just overclock the card. Considering the games I play run in high settings, I just don't have a need for it atm.

Just curious if I have some settings wrong on my comp, I'm only getting 6088 currently. Some scores are at 8k and they have lower specs or equal specs to my computer.

Volt modding. It's fun and easy, easy and fun with the 7900GT. All you need is a graphite pencil (for memory), a conductive ink pen (for the GPU) and aftermarket cooling if you intend to take the GPU beyond 1.4 volts. There's a 7900GT dedicated volt modding thread in the volt modding forum.

they are not getting 10k with a single gt without cheating.

10,000 points is more like SLI gtxs severly overclocked. :)

They have to be cheating somehow, because their specs are pretty much the same as mine and it shows that they have even lower vid card clocks than me.

Oh and the SS series is already volt modded stock. I believe it is set at 1.45v.

I have already switched out to a VF900cu and put a couple heatsinks on the back of the card on the voltage regulators (They get really hot), plus I have a 120mm fan blowing at those. So hopefully this card lasts a while.

well if your whole rig is oced, i noticed a nice jump in fps when playing CSS with my pci-e speed bumped to 110 vs 100.

Back