• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic - would you buy one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMO, and countless others....Seasonic makes some of the best stuff around, and is easily in the top 3 PSU companies.

Powerfull, Efficient, and exceptionally quiet...

Another satisfied Seasonic owner checking in. Don't hesitate, they're awesome for the price!

Yep, I bought one after my OCZ 520W took a dump... Quietest PSU I've had.

i LOVE my seasonic S12-600 its quite, and got my e6600 to 4.005ghz without even thinking... the power it produces is pure clean and rarly fluctuates under the heaviest of loads..

and feel honored OP you are blessed with my 4000th post :beer:

Not sure if anyone is aware, but PCP&C has seasonic build the Silencer series power supplies.

I had an voice interview a few months ago, and he stated that the engineers designed it, but they have no one to build it. They tell them what parts to use, and build it. But After they're built, the are sent back to PCP&C for vigorous testing. Which is why you get a test sheet with every PCP&C power supply. But if you would to look up the UL number, you will see its made by SeaSonic.

Not sure if anyone is aware, but PCP&C has seasonic build the Silencer series power supplies.

I had an voice interview a few months ago, and he stated that the engineers designed it, but they have no one to build it. They tell them what parts to use, and build it. But After they're built, the are sent back to PCP&C for vigorous testing. Which is why you get a test sheet with every PCP&C power supply. But if you would to look up the UL number, you will see its made by SeaSonic.

Joe,

Yes, through some earlier posts here, we were made aware of that. You guys that keep up with this more than the mainstream users know this very well. Many condemn certain makers or models of power supplies and paint them with the same brush. Some of them OEM out many models and a few previous brands with bad names are actually made by top notch OEMs and their power supplies are quite good.

This certainly is not the case with the PCP & Cooling/Seasonic OEM models. That was the purpose of my comment above about the Corsairs.

The Seasonic x900 is the same unit as the Silencer 750. If you live outside the us and you can't get the Silencer grab the x900.

Now that is an amazing tip!

Thank you so much! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

(I live in South Africa - this kind of information is gold...)

No problem it took a while until someone posted a review of the x900 where they actually gutted it (I couldn't get anyone to ship an x900 into the states). You can see it here:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/power_supply/seasonic_x900_ss-900hp_900w_psu/1

and compare it to here:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM2OSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

the transformer is the same, the primary cap is the same value, the PCB is the same minus the silk-screen, input filtering is the same, the fan is the same, secondary is the same arrangement and the wiring is all the same.

No problem it took a while until someone posted a review of the x900 where they actually gutted it (I couldn't get anyone to ship an x900 into the states). You can see it here:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/power_supply/seasonic_x900_ss-900hp_900w_psu/1

and compare it to here:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM2OSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

the transformer is the same, the primary cap is the same value, the PCB is the same minus the silk-screen, input filtering is the same, the fan is the same, secondary is the same arrangement and the wiring is all the same.

Paul,

Thank you for stopping by. Your reputation preceeds you!

RT

Joe,

Yes, through some earlier posts here, we were made aware of that. You guys that keep up with this more than the mainstream users know this very well. Many condemn certain makers or models of power supplies and paint them with the same brush. Some of them OEM out many models and a few previous brands with bad names are actually made by top notch OEMs and their power supplies are quite good.

This certainly is not the case with the PCP & Cooling/Seasonic OEM models. That was the purpose of my comment above about the Corsairs.

Do you think PCP&C is over rated, and the Seasonics are better?

@Joeteck
PC&P has the best customer service of any psu seller out there. thats why the charge so much for them.... thats the main reason i paid over $200 for the 510DLX back in the day.

Back