• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic - would you buy one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Simply curiosity...

You're the master, OB1, what do you think.....?

Joe,

From what I stated, how do you make that I am the "master"? I am not a power supply expert and never said I was. What I stated above is factual. Why do you have a problem with it?

Do you think PCP&C is over rated, and the Seasonics are better?

I don't find them overrated. I find them overhyped and overpriced, but not overrated.

As far as Seasonic builds go, I generally put them in this order from excellent to just above average:

1-PC P&C Silencer 750 and 610, Corsair HX Series, Seasonic M12
2-Corsair VX450, Seasonic S12, PC P&C Silencer 470W and down
3-Antec Neo HE, low end Seasonic, Antec Truepower Trio
4-Antec Earthwatts

I don't find them overrated. I find them overhyped and overpriced, but not overrated.

As far as Seasonic builds go, I generally put them in this order from excellent to just above average:

1-PC P&C Silencer 750 and 610, Corsair HX Series, Seasonic M12
2-Corsair VX450, Seasonic S12, PC P&C Silencer 470W and down
3-Antec Neo HE, low end Seasonic, Antec Truepower Trio
4-Antec Earthwatts

Thank you for answering my question without asking why I asked it.... lol.

What do you think of Enermax? I've used these for my gaming rig for a long time, and just recently changed to a 750 QUAD.

What do you think of Enermax?

Enermax is average to above average depending on the model. Never was too big a fan of theirs. Some are very good, others not so much.

The CEC caps they often use sometimes go to heaven early, much like Antec/CWT's Fuhjyyu problems.

Last edited:
Enermax is average to above average depending on the model. Never was too big a fan of theirs. Some are very good, others not so much.

The CEC caps they often use sometimes go to heaven early, much like Antec/CWT's Fuhjyyu problems.

Wow, I guess I was lucky... I've had 3 of them and all are still working...

Probably not important to anybody, seasonic has largest number certified 80% efficient power supplies.

http://www.80plus.org/manu/psu/manu_psu.htm

WOW, thats an awesome link for great reference!! Thanks. And Enermax is in there with 8 models.... very cool...

Seasonic with 27... Damn!.

I'll tell ya this, power supplies have definitely come a long way. I'm very impressed. Not the same a few years ago...

Hmm, let's see:
Antec OEM Seasonic, Fortron, Enhance, CWT
PC P&C OEM Win-Tact and Seasonic
Corsair OEM Seasonic and CWT
Thermaltake OEM Sirtec, HEC, CWT and some Seventeam
Chieftec OEM Sirtec Delta or CWT
Silverstone OEM Enhance, Etasis, Seventeam (Olympia) and it seems Fortron now in new Strider line
OCZ OEM Fortron, Topower, 3Y
Tagan OEM Topower

I miss something? :D
I'm saving this list

I have the 550W 80% it's very silent now in the beginning the fan had some bearing noise by now that's gone and more than enough to power my rig.

BTW afaik they make the corsair psus as well.

I have the 550W 80% it's very silent now in the beginning the fan had some bearing noise by now that's gone and more than enough to power my rig.

BTW afaik they make the corsair psus as well.
Not the 550 Corsair. That is CWT.

Back