• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic - would you buy one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would because I know they were quality when they were making them, so if there are a few sitting around there's no reason they wouldn't be solid. However, now that I'm replying, the question of customer support/RMA possibility enters my mind. Something to think about at least.

I still have an old Super Tornado model in the 2nd system in my sig.

And when/why did they go out of business? I did some searches but cant turn up anything, but I cant access the asian website, only the US one. :confused:

I've heard/read great things about Seasonic. If I did'nt already have the PC P&C in my sig, I would'nt hesitate to buy one.

WTH? Doesn't anyone make their own PSU's anymore??
Hmm, let's see:
Antec OEM Seasonic, Fortron, Enhance, CWT
PC P&C OEM Win-Tact and Seasonic
Corsair OEM Seasonic and CWT
Thermaltake OEM Sirtec, HEC, CWT and some Seventeam
Chieftec OEM Sirtec Delta or CWT
Silverstone OEM Enhance, Etasis, Seventeam (Olympia) and it seems Fortron now in new Strider line
OCZ OEM Fortron, Topower, 3Y
Tagan OEM Topower

I miss something? :D

Hmm, let's see:
Antec OEM Seasonic, Fortron, Enhance, CWT
PC P&C OEM Win-Tact and Seasonic
Corsair OEM Seasonic and CWT
Thermaltake OEM Sirtec, HEC, CWT and some Seventeam
Chieftec OEM Sirtec Delta or CWT
Silverstone OEM Enhance, Etasis, Seventeam (Olympia) and it seems Fortron now in new Strider line
OCZ OEM Fortron, Topower, 3Y
Tagan OEM Topower

I miss something? :D

You know all that off by heart? What are you, a PSU marketer or something? lol

Here's one for ya, codegen PSU's...Who makes them?

I have a SeaSonic M-12 500 watt modular psu.
I was skeptical at first (about modulars) but this unit blows away anything I've owned to date.
Quiet, rock solid voltages, cables for things I don't even have yet.
Even the connectors and sleeving is top of the line.

They are worth every penny and then some....easily. :thup:

Back