• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS 320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I just don't know why but I can not get this card to OC worth crap!
Is there some thing that I am missing ? should I reinstall windows just to make it a clean install ? or take out the drivers then reinstall them ? I just don't know .. :confused:

what OS ?

might wanna try driver uninstall and then runing driver cleaner then reinstall.

i dunno if you need a reformat.... never hurts tho...

Well did all this ( not reinstalled yet ) found that the drivers that came with is are some what better going to test it soon . I have the fans running full out ! there really shouldn't be a temp issue as well this is a new card and the HSF that is on this thing is ginormous and all !

if i read that correctly, you said the drivers it came with are better?
not if they're 3 months old and you try playing some newer games :)

I think I am going to have to get vista for this card to really work well I am on XP and that just might not be enough for this card and I have the card in the top slot as well all though with the drivers that came with it I get 10K+ and that is kinda cool ! any way I think this week end I will re do the OS XP and see if that helps at all . I can not get vista for a while yet but soon!

I think I am going to have to get vista for this card to really work well I am on XP and that just might not be enough for this card and I have the card in the top slot as well all though with the drivers that came with it I get 10K+ and that is kinda cool ! any way I think this week end I will re do the OS XP and see if that helps at all . I can not get vista for a while yet but soon!

I really wouldn't recommend you to "upgrade" to vista. The drivers for them are absolute crap and a lot of games don't like it. XP should be fine. How are your card temps under load and idle? My 8800 doesn't go over 49 with a 650mhz Core so I could go over, but I just don't see the point. Now my memory is stuck around 960 and won't pass the internal test if I try to push it higher. All cards are different, don't expect a different OS to change that.

For now you can try to do a fresh format and see what you can do.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't recommend you to "upgrade" to vista. The drivers for them are absolute crap and a lot of games don't like it.

I just upgraded to Vista 32-bit and have not had any problems running games, in particular Bioshock runs and looks great. Perhaps you're thinking about the 64-bit flavor of Vista.

I just upgraded to Vista 32-bit and have not had any problems running games, in particular Bioshock runs and looks great. Perhaps you're thinking about the 64-bit flavor of Vista.

Still, I'd rather stick with something tried and true rather than messing with a prototype.

There is an option to enable shader clock control in Riva Tuner 2.05. It is on by default in VISTA, but w/ XP you have to adjust some setting. Read the readme.txt that comes w/ RivaTuner.

I run a dual-boot system, and use VISTA-64 for DX10 games...all 1 of them (BioShock), and XP-32 for everything else. I OC my gfx card the same in both OS's. I can only get 921/1620/918 on my card, though, w/o getting artifacts in 3DMark06. Fan is locked at 100%. My 3DMark06 score is much higher, though, at 12,360, but I do have a quad.

OK now I know it is the PSU holding me back I have this so far and one question about this rivatuner .
rivatunerii2.jpg

Why the hell don't I have the same as every one with rivatuner I mean there are some things missing on mine !
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5286593#post5286593

Look at this ones screen shot of there rivatuner ! way differant than mine and I know this has nothing to do with the OS . ( or does it ?) ????? :mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

1.Click Poweruser
2.Expand 'Rivatuner\System' icon
3.Scroll down to find 'NVAPIShaderClockControl' and set value to 1 (it has to be typed in) then also set 'NVAPIUsageBehavoir' to value 1.

OH sweet now I see them all now to get some ocing done will have to learn all this stuff :)

Well I think that this card is as good as I can ever get it and well it is way better than any thing I have ever had in the past and I have managed to get 580/930 out of the video card and that is it any more and it will not go .
so what do you think of this ? :shrug:

Have you tried messing w/ the shader clock?

Did you adjust the Core clock and Mem clock independently?

First see how high you can go on the core. Write that number down. Set everything back to stock.

Then see how high you can go on the shader. Write it down, and set everything back to stock.

Do the same w/ the Mem.

Try all 3 maxes together, and adjust if necessary.

Back