• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some questions about the new Nvidia Control Panel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So I haven't updated my video card drivers for a long time now I guess. Since my old one was 93.xx and the new one is already at 163.71. What I was wondering is there a way to get the old simplified control panel? Chances are they completely removed it this time..

So then when I click on monitor temperature levels it tells me I have to download nTune?? Seriously, what is the point of that? Why wouldn't they just include it with their drivers? Is nTune bloatware? Would it have a chance of causing any incompatibilities? Is it like ATI's extra software they like to get you to install?

Currently I'm using ATI tool to check my temps.

There is no option to go back to the old control panel, it is completely removed, sorry :(

I don't use nTune, it is annoying. I use RivaTuner to monitor temps and everything else.

There is no option to go back to the old control panel, it is completely removed, sorry :(

I don't use nTune, it is annoying. I use RivaTuner to monitor temps and everything else.
x2
The new control panel wouldn't let me select my AA/AF settings so if I googled it and there is a registry change you can do to open up these options.

qft

i hate ntune.

rivatuner works allot better IMO

I had to revert back to the older drivers :rolleyes: Dam new drivers and that crap ntune. Riva Tuner is just too much trouble for simple stuff like ocing and temps. Yes it's detailed and whatnot, but who the hell want's to spend xtra time doing that? I want it to detect the highest stable oc and bam that's it, get to the gaming.

I had to revert back to the older drivers :rolleyes: Dam new drivers and that crap ntune. Riva Tuner is just too much trouble for simple stuff like ocing and temps. Yes it's detailed and whatnot, but who the hell want's to spend xtra time doing that? I want it to detect the highest stable oc and bam that's it, get to the gaming.

I don't find rivatuner complicated...

Back