• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD - Solid State Drive Technology Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought a X25-M G2 and i gotta say. amazing. programs open faster then i can think to move the mouse after double clicking.

coming from this:
HDTune_Benchmark_ST3500320SV.png

and going to this:
HDTune_Benchmark_INTEL_SSDSA2M080G2GC.png

just frigin amazing. well worth the money (paid $227.98 on newegg)

Out of luck with first SSD.
Bought Crucial CT256M225 2.5" 256GB SATA II MLC on newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8320&cm_re=crucial_ssd-_-20-148-320-_-Product

It died after 2 months of use. BIOS didn't even see SSD after that. I thought SSD were more reliable, but at least with HDD when it starts dieing sometimes we have time to backup all data. In my case I lost everything instantly. thank god I was doing nightly automatic backups to Amazon S3 using Cloudberry. Highly suggest that.

Out of luck with first SSD.
Bought Crucial CT256M225 2.5" 256GB SATA II MLC on newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8320&cm_re=crucial_ssd-_-20-148-320-_-Product

It died after 2 months of use. BIOS didn't even see SSD after that. I thought SSD were more reliable, but at least with HDD when it starts dieing sometimes we have time to backup all data. In my case I lost everything instantly. thank god I was doing nightly automatic backups to Amazon S3 using Cloudberry. Highly suggest that.

Ouch and a large drive at that too. They are newer, a lot more shock resistant, though as all electronics things do fail. Though without moving parts you'd have to say there is less of a chance of failure then a moving drive.

At least you can RMA it, that would suck if it was out of warrenty with a drive like that.

Test with ATTO or ASSD... unless they updated these apps, they are not the best for SSD benches and accuracy.

I've got IRST loaded, but I see no option to 'Enable Write-Back'.

open the IRST click your drive in catagory on left side and in right plane click your raid drive then on left plane click ADVANCE

The first item in left side should be enable/disable write cache back.

^ I can get there, hit advance; but there isn't a 'enable/disable write cache back' option. It only lists info, and that isn't one of them.

1-2.png

Ah yes you need to be in a raid config!! sorry thought you were....

Works incredible if you decide to go raid anyway!!!

As much as i love my one, I just would love to hoave another or three. Though i cant agree that the first one is not fast. I made sure i bought the one with the right indilix chipset as well.

Just bought a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS Studio 1645... 3.06Ghz i7 with a 256GB Solid State Hard Drive!!! I can't wait to see how fast these things really are. The SSD was the main thing I was looking for. 1 week until I see it.

EDIT: Sorry, just got back from the college bars and I'm buzzed... I was gonna ask, is there anything I should do right off the bat to make sure I optomize the speed of the this thing before I start piling on the data??

Man just got mine the other day I happened along the Intel X25-M 80gb nothing big cost was though . at $229.00 dollars (US) this thing is costly .
I am amazed at the speed of these things . I have little to no experience with these SSD drives but I am taking things slow I have read a great deal about them and see that they are getting faster and better . Any way got this to share .

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Untitled (2).jpg
    Untitled (2).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 232
Back