• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD - Solid State Drive Technology Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well it just read like some were saying fusion io was pulling numbers out of its ***... when they stated at what size the rates were IE 4k/8k sizes... thats all i ment by it...

@godm@n
all the ssd's at newegg i have see are IDE or SATA, i didnt look for any in other forms though...

dom the main thing to remember is that they show redhat AS 4.10 and SLES10 as supporting the card in the os level.. i wonder if they did any testing on any windows os's....

ya i was actually thinking about buying it... but... i gotta be smart!!

Yep yep , me two i want so much a beast that i am tinking about buying a super comp (see raid ssd) but we all know that if we wait those things gonna cost almost like actual Harddrive

Yep yep , me two i want so much a beast that i am tinking about buying a super comp (see raid ssd) but we all know that if we wait those things gonna cost almost like actual Harddrive

uh... what's going on in your avatar over there? that looks like four ATI cards, but i didn't know you could do more than 2 ATI cards...

i feel like SSD is more valuable for notebook computers, as my damn 120gig 5400rpm hard drive could be a lot faster. my desktop is sufficiently quick and nothing to complain about.

uh... what's going on in your avatar over there?

i feel like SSD is more valuable for notebook computers, as my damn 120gig 5400rpm hard drive could be a lot faster. my desktop is sufficiently quick and nothing to complain about.

upcomming AMD chipset will support , I think Intel is planning something similar down the run

http://www.matbe.com/actualites/24001/amd-quad-crossfire/

SSD is definaly the next step , as i always says , there is two kind of hard drive , those that are broken and those that will break !:beer:

i feel like SSD is more valuable for notebook computers
yeah, alienware has a configuration where you can get 128GB (64GB x 2) SSD in RAID0... for a $2000 upgrade! but still, can you imagine the speed?! i can't wait for this to be mainstream pricing :santa:

Big News Guys/Gals!

MTron has currently released the fastest consumer level priced drive available to the public. The Mtron Mobi SSD is being offered in 16GB or 32GB flavors and you lose your warranty if it is used in a server environment. It is made for Windows Vista/XP operating systems and was built for gaming, workstation, desktop, enthusiast usage.

100 MB/s read, 90 MB/s write, .1ms, and here is the catch: $499 is release pricing for the 16GB unit

They also finally released there new professional line the MSP7000. These drives have a 120 MB/s read and 100 MB/s write. This unit is being offered in three flavors 16,32, and up to 64GB. The professional line is going to be 16gig $800, 32gig $1500, and 64gig $2000.

As you can see, by there pricing point most of these SSD's are being sold for military/government usage in rugged environments so by marketing the new Mobi Consumer Desktop line they are targeting guys like us and lowering price by 40% compared to there server line. But if you are caught using the Mobi in a server environment your warranty is automatically void preventing businesses from purchasing the cheaper mobi drive.

Well, Mtron finally gave us gamers/overclockers a relatively lower priced SSD. Whos gonna buy one? ;)

HD-Tach-MTRON-PROs.jpg

Last edited:
Guess whos got one of these coming to me hopefully by the end of this week:

MOBI.JPG

Woot!

DUDE SWEET!! i cant wait to see you bench scores on that now, i wonder how much superpi 32m drops with one of those... o man!!! did they send you a demo unit or what?

Back