• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Install Shut Down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epilon

So I got my computer to POST! After three times of trying It works, but then during the windows install, IT TURNS OFF. Halfway through the install power to the board just cuts. I cant get anything to turn on for 5 minutes. I just got the BIOS back up, but then it freezes. Does anyone know what could be causing this? It is bare boarded. Help please
Thanks.

I had this happen to me. It could be any number of things but at least in my case I later discovered that the HDD was failing and the video card had been damaged by heat which means other parts of the machine could have also been damaged by heat.

Memory, Motherboard, Hard drive, PSU, or none can be a problem. You could run memtest86 to check memory without having os

Last edited:
Memory DDR2 Crucial Ballistix
HD WD 500GB
Q6600
Zalman 9700 Heatsink
Asus P5k premium
EVGA 8800 Ultra
It wont even post now...
O ya and the Thermaltake toughpower 700W power Supply

Since you have new setup, check bios version that you have. If it is old it might need to be updated.

I mean Im getting power to the mouse and keyboard, but now it wont post, or it does and it freezes.
WTF

+1 for heat. sounds like it takes a few minutes to heat up and eventually shuts down during install. that would explain not turning on for a few minutes. get into bios and see what the temp gets up to.

Back