• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW Toyota Ad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never buy a Toyota truck. When it comes to tough work, nothing beats American trucks.

Build Ford Tough? .. hah:

Whenever I am in an "American" car, there is always a small part of me that is scared it will fall apart as we are driving..

I'll take a European or Asian car over an American vehicle any day...

Commercial is Hilarious BY the way..

You need therapy. There is nothing wrong with American engineering.
If by therapy you mean a car that had a good safety rating? Then yup, I do.

Don't get me wrong, some American cars have great ratings, only thing is, there seem to be too many for my taste who do not.
Then again, that is probably Biased, since there are more American cars than anything here, and therefore more "bad" cars.

Build Ford Tough? .. hah:

Whenever I am in an "American" car, there is always a small part of me that is scared it will fall apart as we are driving..

I'll take a European or Asian car over an American vehicle any day...

Commercial is Hilarious BY the way..

Here is the newer model F-150 crash test:

Correct me if I'm wrong but most european and asian made cars generally have bigger versions in the USA because the original versions on not up to USA safety standards, and that is why there are many models that never even make it here.

Also the Tundra is built in the USA. The commercial was hilarious when I first saw it. It sounds to me like they are playing off the Leeroy Jenkins thing.

Dodge Ram Supercharged street truck FTW... but i can honestly say that most American cars that ive had fell apart =/ Foreign stuff just lasts longer IMO

Grrr hate surf control.... I want to see ad

Me I've always gotten foreign , parents have been a mix between the 2 but like foreign overall, in-laws like American but are switching over to a foreign car next one they buy.

If by therapy you mean a car that had a good safety rating? Then yup, I do.

Don't get me wrong, some American cars have great ratings, only thing is, there seem to be too many for my taste who do not.
Then again, that is probably Biased, since there are more American cars than anything here, and therefore more "bad" cars.

You're definitely biased. You bash American cars and then praise European ones. You've got that one backwards. For several years now, American cars have been rated higher than European brands in quality. You don't have to believe me though, Consumer Reports says so

Here's a breakdown across all 10 categories:
most reliable cars that are
American - 6
European - 1

least reliable cars that are
American - 20
European - 19

The mini cooper was the only European car to receive a "most reliable" rating.

Except that they've been raping us with poor gas mileage all these years and crappy transmissions.

Love my 02 Toyota Highlander.

Fuel economy and reliability have been improving across the board, for both Asian and American manufacturers. The car companies sell what people buy. If consumers have a problem with poor fuel economy (and let's be honest, people couldn't have cared less when gas was cheap) then they buy other products.

But I forgot, all the worlds problems including global warming are the fault of The Big 3 :rolleyes:

I love my '99 Chevy Truck. 125k miles of flawless operation and still going strong.

Aren't most toyota's made in america? :)

I'm not a WoW fan, but it was a good commercial!

Being made here has nothing to do about the ****-poor design and weak frame. They just don't even begin to compare to Ford (or Dodge or Chevy). Especially when you start bringing the new F-250 into the equation. It's hard to argue with 650 lb-ft of torque (and over 850 lb-ft with a simple SCT tune).

And just to set the record straight for anyone who thinks Toyota has better quality, for the last year solid Ford has had build quality that meets and exceeds that of Toyota, and that includes crash testing as well.

Yep, you can overclock cheese. I love apple wood smocked cheddar cheese. You take regular cheddar, and smoke it with a certain wood, and dang it taste good!

I have seen the apple wood smoked cheddar leave the plate faster than the regular cheddar cheese at some wine tastings. Thus proving that it is 'faster'.

E:beer:

Oh yeah, I am driving a 1993 Nissan truck with 203K miles on it. Thing is beat up looking, but almost once a week someone asks if I want to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back