• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, help me disable this annoying shi....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

Vista 64 ultimate.

The administrator permissions popups.

They are killing me, I searched and couldn't find any offhand.

Someone help me out here.

Control panel, click continue on the message, user accounts, click again most likely, find your account, click 'turn user account control on or off', click that message again. click other stuff if you need to, save all work, reboot.

In addition to DanFraser's suggestion, UAC can also be disabled via the System Configuration Utility (Start | Run | Type msconfig, and click OK | "Tools" tab | Scroll down to and highlight Disable UAC | Click the "Launch" button (which runs the following command)...
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
...then click OK, and reboot. If need be it can be re-enabled by highlighting Enable UAC, again via the SCU.

In addition to DanFraser's suggestion, UAC can also be disabled via the System Configuration Utility (Start | Run | Type msconfig, and click OK | "Tools" tab | Scroll down to and highlight Disable UAC | Click the "Launch" button (which runs the following command)...
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
...then click OK, and reboot. If need be it can be re-enabled by highlighting Enable UAC, again via the SCU.

Oh yeah, I forgot I beat redduc900 to a windows question!

Back