• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally upgrading to dual core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I may be using the FX5200 if the onboard sucks. According to the wattage calculator from the PSU forum link I will only be using 215 watts or so with the PCI card installed

What should I be expecting as an overclock with the stock cooler?

Last edited:
Well you should hit 2.6 very very easy, after that it depends on how good you chip stepping is. Mine sucks, but yours could do 3.0 on stock, or not, lol.

Well, hitting 2.6 on stock with good temps would be awesome =) I just need to get used to this 64 bit stuff as my last overclock was socket A xp2500m

That's pretty much what I had was the 2500m and an NF7. I had to trade the system for a car and then crashed the car a month later due to being way overtired =( Prices are way better now, I paid 130 bucks for 512mb of dual channel OCZ at that time and for half the price I got 2gb.

DO NOT USE THE eMachines PSU!!!!!

I got half a dozen emachines in my shop that a bad PSU fried the south bridge. Several of my local competitors do too. Honost, don't use it!

I'm using a Thermaltake 430W in the new rig when it gets here with the rest of the rig. I'm hoping everything will be here tomorrow afternoon. I checked the tracking on it earlier and it has gone to PA already at about 5:30EST from CA yesterday. It currently says that it arrived in Philly at 5:30pm on 10/18 and is in transit to at 5:32pm

Back