• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVI not working! *XFX 8400GS* driver issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

Just built a new HTPC. Purchased and installed a XFX 8400GS tried the CD drivers, newest ForceWare, newest XFX drivers and windows update. Still no DVI output.

Is there a known issue with current Nvidia drivers and the DVI output?

Side note:

I do get DVI to pass through with the ability to use high resolutions before I load any drivers (so I counted out the fact that the card could be having power issues with the 42" size of the LCD)
This still leaves me with a yellow exclamation in device manager and without the ability to use Aero effects and play video files

Specs:

Vista ultimate

Asus p5k-vm / XFX 8400GS / C2D E6750 / DDR2 patriot extreme PC6400 1GB X 2 / Raidmax RX-530SS

42" phillips LCD

Last edited:
Why is it everytime I see the words "not working" or "RMA" these days, XFX is usually somewhere in the subject heading?

Update:
I just talked to someone in the Phillips thread at AVSforums and they said they are using a 8800GTX with no problems.:confused: I'm trying to find out if it is just certain drivers that have this issue.

I was really wanted to make the switch back to Nvidia but there not impressing me so far! Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BUMP:

Just talked to a few others that are running Nvidia cards with this display.. Any suggestion??? I want to use my TV HTPC :(

Why is it everytime I see the words "not working" or "RMA" these days, XFX is usually somewhere in the subject heading?

well i would think if he got another brand it would do the same....

im running this card in my backup pc with DVI to lcd monitor with out any issues on the 9x.xx drivers.

if your tring to get video on your tv, i had to resort to VGA to my dlp from my 8800gts. cause the over scan for 720p was cutting stuff off, after going to vga no more overscan at the same res... that was also a switch from dvi to vga.

Back