Thumbs down Robot Cannon Kills 9, Wounds 14

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/1...cannon-ki.html

Can't imagine that especially with that kind of casualities ! 9 human lifes gone just like that !

Wow. Its horrible to see accidents like that. I mean, it would suck if the cannon were to kill that many but atleast it was doing what it was meant to then.
    STEELERS BABY
    IX
    X
    GOT 6? XIII
    XIV
    WE DO XL
    XLIII
    I.M.O.G.: I'm sorry to inform you that your sig violates forum rules. Due to obscene, and frankly ugly, choices of colors you must change this. I suggest brown and orange perhaps.
    lol JK... Congratulations on your season. Greetings from Cleveland, the home of "There's always next year".
    cw823: I think you need to edit your sig, this could finally be a year for a Cleveland team. Go Cavs!

Robots vs. Draft? Hmmm.
    I didn't know robots were used to the extent that some of those articles claim.
    You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares.

Asrock z77xtr6/3770k..........MSI p67a-GD55/2600k
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16gb.......4gigZ Corsair
    Gigabyte 290s crossfire ...........HIS 280x crossfired
    X-Fi Elite Pro.........................H2O cooling
    600gb Raptor/256ssd3..... .......40 Kingston ssd
    Siverstone 1500wt'r.....................Corsair1000HX

MyHeat

Very unfortunate. However, its a dangerous job and accidents happen all the time.
    "There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong,
    or useless pain. The sort of pain that's only suffering. I have no
    patience for useless things."

Trailer Chasing Senior Adragontattoo's Avatar
    Northwestern corner of Va. USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol Sector, outer arm of spiral galaxy
    But the brave, as yet unnamed officer was unable to stop the wildly swinging computerised Swiss/German Oerlikon 35mm MK5 anti-aircraft twin-barrelled gun. It sprayed hundreds of high-explosive 0,5kg 35mm cannon shells around the five-gun firing position.
    By the time the gun had emptied its twin 250-round auto-loader magazines, nine soldiers were dead and 11 injured.

Ok who activated Skynet??
    Only ISP provided, .EDU, .GOV, .MIL e-mail addresses are Classifieds approved. Are you unable to access the Classifieds?
    Click here to find out why!
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs
    Prices, slashes and edits
    Quality over Quantity Pictures are NOT req.
    Adopt an animal if you want one, dont use a breeder!

Quote Originally Posted by Adragontattoo View Post
    Ok who activated Skynet??
    It appears they did, but they called it skyguard. Follow the wikipedia link and you get this

which in the late 1970s was upgraded to the Skyguard system.
    Q6600 - 3.42 (380x9) 1.48V : IP35 Pro : 2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC
    New GTX275 OC to come : HP w2207
    X-Fi Platinum (Op Amp modded) : Audio Technica A500's
    Tuniq Tower 120 : Antec P182
    Running: Windows 7 RC and Fedora 10 (PREEMPT_RT)

"If science is the dispassionate pursuit of objective truth, then it stands to reason that mad science is the completely irrational pursuit of a nutty project that the rest of the world will never completely understand." -Popular Mechanics

Damn :\
    E6850
    2GB DDR2 Crucial RAM
    Maxtor 200GB HD x2, Samsung 80GB HD
    PNY 8800GTS 640Mb
    Seasonic S-12 600w PSU

And my baby (Macbook)

I can't help but recall a line from Futurama in regards to this incident..."You'll be the most unpopular robot fighter since Sgt. Feces Processor!"

Yes, I know it's in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLord View Post
    Very unfortunate. However, its a dangerous job and accidents happen all the time.
    Pretty much. "Friendly fire" has always been a risk in any type of combat, including during training, the only difference here is that faulty robotics caused it to happen.
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Intel P4 2.6C@3120, Thermalright SP-94, Vantec Tornado 92mm@12V, Swiftech MCX-159R, Microcool southrbidge/PLL/MOSFET sinks, 1GB OCZ PC3500 Plat. Ltd.@5:4, 2-2-2-5, Super Talent memory cooler, ATI Radeon 9800XT@415/370, ATI Silencer 3, Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350, SB Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro, US Robotics 5610B, 3Com 3CRDAG675, TT Xaser III V1000A, Antec TrueBlue 480W, Thermaltake LED Smart Fans 80mm * 7, WD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA & 36GB Raptor * 2 RAID 0, Vantec HDC-502a * 2, Coolermaster Cooldrive 4 & Musketeer 1, Sony CRX320E & DW-U18A, Teac floppy, ATech Flash Pro9, Viewsonic P225fb, Logitech Z-680, APC Smart-UPS 1500

This AAA is using Passive and Active RADAR systems together...Passive systems are cutting edge. (Obviously they didnt have the technology perfected yet.) Thats pretty advanced stuff to be "Jerry Rigging" with poles in the ground and ropes to stop it from going wild.

Alot of these 3rd world nations hire these fly-by-night defense contractors to help make them something to compete with the latest and greatest. I definately agree it was the computer that was to blame. The reason why it was shooting at the people is because that type of AAA is designed to shoot at low flying, fast moving aircraft doing Close Air Support. With a active-passive system, all it would need to get a lock would be some unknowing soldier using his walkie talkie in the right frequency and walking in front of it and it would identify him as a target.
    sig deleted by muddocktor-take it up with the Admins

Sad sad news....

Impressive what they are trying to do but hopefully they will take better caution next time they activate the system so something like this is at least minimized no casulaties.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Asus DCUII R9 290 1075/1300 w/ 1.05V GPU | 36C Idle / 75C Load | 128/256GB Crucial M4 SSD's / 512GB Samsung 840 Pro
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen | Oculus Rift DK2 - Incoming
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 4x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 1x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat