So stupid it's funny: Jack Tretton

I want a job with Sony. Apparently you can be a blithering idiot and not get fired. Not only that, you can be arrogant about it too.

http://gamernode.com/News/4697-The-r...PS3/index.html

Classic. Beyond Classic. Just Wonderful:

Quote Originally Posted by Sony Overlord Jack Tretton
    According to the WSJ: "Mr. Tretton conceded that removing that capability [backwards compatibility], along with a few other features, isn't dramatically reducing Sony's cost of manufacturing the console but will instead encourage buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system.
    THANK YOU MR. TRETTON. Cripple the PS3 to force consumers to buy the next-gen games you so dearly lack. Lair here I come!

deception``

There is no smiley that can even come close to the laughter this gave me...
    Main System:.................................................. ......................Second System:
    DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL w/ Q6600 GO@ 3.2 (9x360), 1.4v....DFI Ultra-D w/Opteron 170 @ 2.7
    G.skill 4GB (2x2gb).................................................. ..............G.Skill Extreme 2GB (2x1gb)
    HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
    WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
    OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

someone please stop selling sony bullets they seem to shoot themselves in the foot all the time
    "Btw.... it makes it look like a sex toy. I don't want to be waving a dildo at my TV." - FudgeNuggets

"I would be willing to get a sex change if you payed for it and bought me loads of computer stuff afterwards!" - SkuToV

Hah, i knew it. I'v been telling people that the reason they killed off BC in the new PS3 was to start forcing people to buy only PS3 games, and to slowly force developers to stop making PS2 games!

Damn morons...They have yet to learn that you don't win over the consumer base by forcing your product down their throat, but you make a product that the consumer WANTS, WITHOUT screwing them at the sametime.
    AMD X6 1055T @3.8Ghz
    GIGABYTE 890FX-A UD5
    6 Gigs of G Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
    EVGA GTX 460
    HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
    Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!

ALL these guys are professional jackasses hired for this purpose. Peter Moore that Nintendo guy with the name of a famous baseball player.. (and he's probably the worst one!) Companies don't feel they should actually talk to consumers anymore unless its in a keynote address.

Peter Moore was the biggest fool of them all. "Things break..." WHAT KIND OF STUPID SH** WAS THAT!! They were ALL breaking you pathetic sack of goat sh**!
    Core 4 Q9550 @4003mhz 1.30v
    Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 4.6ghz 1.328v (E0 Stepping)
    Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.8ghz 1.525v
    Asus P5Q Pro 2002m @ 515x9 .63x 1.52
    OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB DDR2 5-4-4-18 @ 2.18v w/OCZ XTC Ram Cooler
    Corsair 750TX PSU
    Sparkle 260 GTX (65nm, 216) 696c 1512s 999mem
    BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ RAD: BIXII REZ: MCRES-Micro rev2 PUMP: Pondmaster 750 FAN: 2 HS Yates CONTROLLER: Modified Evercool WC-202

I was actually seriously considering buying the PS3 40Gb edition for $399.99 over the Xbox 360 20Gb. I wanted to buy the PS3 40Gb thinking that I could sell my slim PS2 and apply that amount towards a new PS3. But now that I am having to keep my slim PS2 just to play PS2 games I think I have now changed my mind back to the Xbox 360. If I am going to have to keep my PS2 anyways, I might as well have a Xbox 360 ranther than a PS3 seeing as the games I want to play are either available on both platforms or just for the Xbox 360.

Sony thanks for making my decision easy.

Also I think down the road, Sony will reintroduce the feature of backwards compability of the PS2 after Sony feels enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tretton
    buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system."
    Last edited by VinnyTAMU; 10-19-07 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainless View Post
    ALL these guys are professional jackasses hired for this purpose. Peter Moore that Nintendo guy with the name of a famous baseball player.. (and he's probably the worst one!) Companies don't feel they should actually talk to consumers anymore unless its in a keynote address.

Peter Moore was the biggest fool of them all. "Things break..." WHAT KIND OF STUPID SH** WAS THAT!! They were ALL breaking you pathetic sack of goat sh**!
    Unlike Tretton though, Moore owned up to that one as a "my bad". Tretton is a marionette with 2 strings, one spouts stupid phrases out of the mouth, the other sticks his foot in it.

Tretton sold his soul for stock options long ago. I remember reading an interview with him in Game Informer a few months ago, and I half expected him to tell the interviewer that black is white and the Earth is flat by the time it was over.

80GB PS3 (with software BC) Motorstorm bundle dropped to $499 today, but I'd rather have the 60GB model with hardware BC.
    Not very active these days. PMs are the best way to reach me.

heatware