• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble Overclocking Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mistaman666

Registered
I just got some new dominator ddr2 pc8500 ram and am having trouble over clocking it. Right now it is currently at 800mhz 5-5-5-18 2T and 1.85v. I tried to run it at 2.2v and 1000mhz 5-5-5-15 2T and it just wouldn't run. I sent the tRC value to 22 and it was stable for about 5 minutes. If you need any other settings please let me know. I've never over clocked ram before so I'm fairly new at this. thanks for the help

Ok, so I should just leave the timings as is and then just increase volts and mhz slowly until it wont boot anymore or is unstable?

Put the timings as low as possible through your BIOS keeping the voltage at stock too. Then take baby steps upping the FSB 5-10Mhz at a time then run a benchmark (memtest86). If it is stable raise it a little more. Rinse, wash, repeat until not stable. When not stable raise the voltage as little as possible and test again.

Well I tried what it said in the thread and it works! going strong and hopefully will have no problems running anything

Well it DID work BUT....
I was unable to OC the processor at all. it would only run at stock speeds. So this isn't the answer I was looking for, guess I have to keep testing.

Back