• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg now guaranteeing UPS will abuse your package

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I might have just been lucky, but I've never had any problems with UPS here. :)

Still, that picture is pretty funny. I wonder if they actually ship the boxes out like that. :p

Never had any damaged items yet (from ups) but, I have received packaged with holes and massively crushed corners. Also one time a driver either kicked or threw a package out the back of the truck against my house... A all-in-one printer makes quite a thud on wood.

lol good point Pinky!i can see it now,a whole pallet of those boxes leaning over until TIMBEEERRR!

my little bro caught the ups guy tossing his multiple box order for his new build onto our front step.

i had a marble top bathroom cabinet (like 16"x16"x36") shipped to my place for christmas last year. despite a veritable cage of packing material, the box got dropped hard on a corner and broke the marble. that's really the only damage that i've experienced. i had a guitar shipped to me when i was in my apartment though. the delivery guy (i think ups) left it at my door in plain sight and it said "WASHBURN" across it in big letters. he could have easily left it at the leasing office. i'm glad my neighbors aren't thieves.

Our UPS guy like to drop our packages on our patio if we're not home. We're a basement level apartment, the drop is 7ft...onto concrete. Surprisingly all our stuff has been unharmed, even my roommates laptop.

As someone who personally knows a Fed-EX loader, I can personally guarantee you that he literally give a rats A** about your package. Him and his friends just mess around throwing packages at each other and drop them for fun. He told me that some of them like abusing plasma and LCD t.v.s just for kicks. I know, it hurts me to but the reality is that all of these shipping companies are probably the same.

I got a box month back in which the entire 1st floor of my Dorm was littered with packing peanuts because the box was gashed open. I walked down to claim my package and went "Oh S*&%, I recognize those pinkish peanuts, noooooo." They were all over the place and the receptionist was pretty ****ed.

Epilon, ASU?

When I lived inTempe, UPS would just mangle my stuff. Destroyed about 1/2 the time!

Now, I live 7 miles away, and my stuff goes through a different warehouse. Haven't seen a damaged box at all! (Well, small scratches and smudges, but NOTHING like I used to see!)

steve

Back